Windows 10: usb not working

Discus and support usb not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; scandisk cruzer blade not installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working/7a7e5c28-d910-4c7d-9341-fb76f097d7f2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyGray3, Sep 10, 2019.

1. usb not working

scandisk cruzer blade not installing

:)

AnthonyGray3, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

usb not working nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

usb not working

USB not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur if the flash drive is damage or Windows USB root hub is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if the USB is working on another computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the computer?

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go
    into selective suspend
    , follow the steps on this article and check if this helps you.

If you don’t have any data concern, you can
    format the USB from disk manager
    (Applicable for Windows 10), check the topic
    To format an existing partition (volume) from the article, however you will have to perform this steps on your USB drive. So, make sure the USB is connected when you perform the format, please be careful to select the USB drive, if the steps
    is performed on wrong drive the data on the drive will be wiped.

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

usb not working

1. usb not working - Similar Threads - usb working

2. USB devices randomly stop working and will not reconnect to the same USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices randomly stop working and will not reconnect to the same USB port: I have a DATAQ DI-1110 voltage sensor integrated into the control system of my smarthouse. The control system is a Windows application I wrote using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008. The control system runs 24/7 on a Dell 8910 Desktop with Windows 10. My problem is that the...
  3. My USB Won't 'Work'

My USB Won't 'Work': Alright!, so. I made a IOS Disc Image File for Windows 10. And I used I think WintoUsb (could have been other program) to create a 'windows on the go' type setup. After doing this, my USB is now only listed in 'device and printers' and does not show up in File Explorer. When...
  4. bluetooth keyboard not working usb keyboard fine

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth keyboard not working usb keyboard fine: The key mapping is not correct on a Bluetooth keyboard but works fine with a USB keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-keyboard-not-working-usb-keyboard-fine/c556dd6c-a911-49a7-88e3-d2b52ab62833
  5. USB 1 devices not working on Windows 10 Home edition

USB 1 devices not working on Windows 10 Home edition: HI - I haver an (admittedly oldish 2013) Silhouette Portrait Card and Vinyl Craft cutting machine - which has served me well for a long time and I have used to produce hundreds of cards and calendars for my family and friends, and I am very familiar with what settings I need...
  6. My USB headset used to work but after I plugged it into a USB 2.0 after it being in a USB...

My USB headset used to work but after I plugged it into a USB 2.0 after it being in a USB...: I've had the same gaming headset for 2 years, and it hasn't failed me at all. I was planning on connecting my iTunes to my iPhone to get some music, so I disconnected my USB headset from the USB 3.0 (I muted my headset before disconnecting it) and plugged it into one of the...
  7. USB ports suddenly not working anymore

USB ports suddenly not working anymore: Left my laptop alone for roughly 10 minutes, came back to all my plugged in devices ( mouse, portable drive) not working. replugged everything in every port, noone worked. what ive tried: -Device Manager update of the usb hub, reinstall etc. No exclamation mark or anything...
  8. USB Mouse Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Mouse Not Working: I have been using a USB Mouse on my laptop that has been working for approximately 3 months. All of a sudden it stopped working. It won't even show up as an error. It is just completely not recognized. I tried my USB mouse on other computers and it worked. I also tried other...
  9. Bluetooth Adapters not working - Unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed)

Bluetooth Adapters not working - Unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed): Hi, I am having some issues getting ANY bluetooth adapters installed on Windows 10 and would appreciate any assistance. I initally had purchased a cheapo eBay Bluetooth 4.0 adapter around 1 year ago and it's worked fine ever since. However, recently I am not able to get it...
  10. externol usb 3.0 issues not working showing any where

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    externol usb 3.0 issues not working showing any where: some how my external usb 3.0 not showing up issues try every looking it not recognizing in it issues external usb not working need to see how to use external usb am learning storing in but nothing work no recognition of external usb 3.0 need need it issues bad...