Windows 10: usb not working

Discus and support usb not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; scandisk cruzer blade not installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working/7a7e5c28-d910-4c7d-9341-fb76f097d7f2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyGray3, Sep 10, 2019.

1. usb not working

scandisk cruzer blade not installing

:)

AnthonyGray3, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

usb not working nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

usb not working

USB not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur if the flash drive is damage or Windows USB root hub is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if the USB is working on another computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the computer?

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go
    into selective suspend
    , follow the steps on this article and check if this helps you.

If you don’t have any data concern, you can
    format the USB from disk manager
    (Applicable for Windows 10), check the topic
    To format an existing partition (volume) from the article, however you will have to perform this steps on your USB drive. So, make sure the USB is connected when you perform the format, please be careful to select the USB drive, if the steps
    is performed on wrong drive the data on the drive will be wiped.

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

usb not working

1. usb not working - Similar Threads - usb working

2. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  3. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  4. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Netsys 9000wn usb adapter - not working in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netsys 9000wn usb adapter - not working in windows 11.: Netsys 9000wn usb adapter - not working in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netsys-9000wn-usb-adapter-not-working-in-windows/3b9b9279-3128-4c30-9a42-69151b1bfab5
  6. Netsys 9000wn usb adapter - not working in windows 11.

Netsys 9000wn usb adapter - not working in windows 11.: Netsys 9000wn usb adapter - not working in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netsys-9000wn-usb-adapter-not-working-in-windows/3b9b9279-3128-4c30-9a42-69151b1bfab5
  7. Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS: Hi,We have an old arc mouse Surface Pro era, which had not been used since we updated to Windows 11.Here is system info:Mouse blue light is on with fresh batteries, but no cursor movement is visible on screen.Any thoughts or suggestions?...
  8. Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS

Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS: Hi,We have an old arc mouse Surface Pro era, which had not been used since we updated to Windows 11.Here is system info:Mouse blue light is on with fresh batteries, but no cursor movement is visible on screen.Any thoughts or suggestions?...
  9. Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work: So I've been trying to fix this and found someone else had the same issue but never gotten back to the final fix/response.My specs-Intel 14900kf-Nvidia RTX 4070ti-64gb DDR5 RAM-2x 2TB m.2 ssdErrors I've gotten-KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED-DRIVER IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL-CRITICAL...
  10. Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work

Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work: So I've been trying to fix this and found someone else had the same issue but never gotten back to the final fix/response.My specs-Intel 14900kf-Nvidia RTX 4070ti-64gb DDR5 RAM-2x 2TB m.2 ssdErrors I've gotten-KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED-DRIVER IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL-CRITICAL...