Windows 10: USB numeric keyboard

Discus and support USB numeric keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The num lock on the auxiliary numeric key board locks the alpha keyboard as well. Impossible to use on spreadsheet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oz2Az, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Oz2Az Win User

USB numeric keyboard

The num lock on the auxiliary numeric key board locks the alpha keyboard as well. Impossible to use on spreadsheet

:)

Oz2Az, Feb 20, 2020

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Numeric Keyboard On Browser

Hi Mark,

It was running correctly on WP8 OS but it's destroyed in all of WP8.1 devices.

My device is ;

Nokia 909

WP 8.1 - 8.10.14176.243

SOC : 8960

All of language and region settings are Turkish, Turkey. The website is in demo now, but this issue is not only on our website.

Lastly, the problem is we are developing our component with opening numeric keyboard property, but WP8.1's IE couldn't get it and open alphanumeric keyboard.

Thanks.

Tuğrul Emre Atalay, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Mark_W. Win User

USB numeric keyboard

Numeric Keyboard On Browser

Hello Tugrul:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the questions you have about the Internet Explorer keyboard on Windows Phone 8.1. It sounds like you are not pleased by the fact that the browser uses a numeric keyboard going from 1-0 and would prefer to see
    it display from 0-9.

If that is the case, I would suggest you post here,
    http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions
    . This forum is used to gather feedback and suggestions from our customers that are then used to develop new updates and products.

If I am off base regarding the reason for your post please post back with more information related to exactly what you are experiencing and how you would like it to differ. Please provide the following details as well as screenshots if you believe they
    will help.

• Make and model of your phone.
    • Current OS version.
    • Current firmware revision.
    • Country you are located in.
    • Regional setting of your phone.
    • Language setting of your phone.
    • Speech setting of your phone.
    • Specific sites you are visiting.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

USB numeric keyboard

1. USB numeric keyboard - Similar Threads - USB numeric keyboard

2. Sculpt keyboard, Numeric keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt keyboard, Numeric keyboard doesn't work: I have a Sculpt Keyboard, main keyboard and mouse are working normal, but numeric keyboard doesn't. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-numeric-keyboard-doesnt-work/df57ba8e-8823-4cae-8889-c72be18376da
  3. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading: I had my computer was in the shop and now my numeric number pad is not activated when it starts. I have researched the help and some solutions did not work or are difficult to do. Is there an easy way to have it lock up to work when you log on. Pleasing the loc button for 5...
  4. Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working

Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working: I don't know why but 6 keys in numeric pad are not working4,5,6,/,*,- please help me how to fix this issue thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-in-numeric-pad-are-not-working/d16f4d07-74d3-4854-994f-c64c42deda79
  5. Del key on numeric keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Del key on numeric keyboard: I have a new HP laptop using Windows 10. When using the numeric keyboard I keep on getting a full stop when trying to use the del key. Can someone help me fix this? Thanks Claire McDevitt...
  6. numeric keyboard error

numeric keyboard error: since two weeks numeric keyboard showing error, when I type 7 it is type 79, also other numbers work same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keyboard-error/773ec80e-118d-4e32-b69b-9a57f05264c6
  7. Remote Desktop app: numeric keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop app: numeric keyboard: I'm already used to the bad behavior of Shift / CapsLock in Remote Desktop for years, but recently, the numeric keypad started doing the same: NumLock on => no numbers, NumLock off => numbers...
  8. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  9. Numeric lock on HP keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric lock on HP keyboard: since I installed windows 10, every time I power-OFF, the number lock closes. That did not happen with Windows 7. At first, I activated the Num Lock every time I booted. Now, even when the Num Lock light is ON, the number pad is inactive. I wish to have the Num lock ON at all...
  10. Numeric Keyboard start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric Keyboard start up: Since last updates, two problems have occurred with Windows 10 on my laptop. 1. Numeric keyboard always opens now with 'num lock' not working. Before I wouldn't have to do anything, now I have to press it to get numbers to type 2. Random freezing while using Facebook....