Windows 10: USB on docking station

Discus and support USB on docking station in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jen32EU, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Jen32EU Win User

USB on docking station

I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no power supply? Or is this not possible?

Thank you.

:)

Jen32EU, Apr 26, 2020
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Apr 26, 2020
  3. docking station problems

The docking station and laptop are not the same brand. The docking station is an IOgear Ulta Slim USB-C Docking Station. The PC is a Lenovo Yoga 730. The docking station has pass-through power from the Notebook PC power supply into the docking station,
    to the USB-C cable of the docking station, to the USB-C port of the PC. All docking station ports are functioning, including RJ45, HDMI, and various USB ports for other external devices. The only thing not functioning is power to the PC through the USB-C
    port.

RoyTaylor4, Apr 26, 2020
  4. USB on docking station

docking station trouble shoot

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To understand the query better, we need few information so that we can check the requirements and provide you the result.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with docking station?
    • Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What is the make and model of the docking station?
    • Are you referring to the USB port present in docking station?

Please provide more information to assist you better.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

USB on docking station

1. USB on docking station - Similar Threads - USB docking station

2. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  3. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  4. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  6. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  7. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. USB-C docking station audio issues

USB-C docking station audio issues: Hi all, I'm stumped by this one. So I bought a USB-C docking station and everything works fine except the audio. When I plug my external speakers into the 3.5mm jack, they work fine. BUT, when I plug in an external monitor via HDMI, they no longer work - the audio defaults...
  9. docking station keyboad.

docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  10. Hp docking station

Hp docking station: Is there a way to change the docking station power button settings? When ita pushed now it turns off my computer, is there a way to turn that feature off or change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-docking-station/0705e5a2-bd57-459f-901e-1d5a97c2b4c1