Windows 10: USB only working on WIN10 startup

Discus and support USB only working on WIN10 startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Team, I am experiencing a USB error in Windows 10 that noone was able to solve for me so far and where I have also been únable to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClaasCoors, Dec 4, 2018.

1. USB only working on WIN10 startup

Dear Microsoft Team,

I am experiencing a USB error in Windows 10 that noone was able to solve for me so far and where I have also been únable to find a solution on any expert forum.

I am using a Lenovo X250 running Windows 10 Professional.

My issue revolves around the use of USB ports.

Essentially, all USB hardware I tried is recognized just fine during startup, i.e. if the device is plugged in during Windows boot sequence. However, when I try to plug in a device (one that is recognized during startup) WHILE Windows 10 is running, the device will not work with my Laptop and the following entry is visible in the device manager (see attached file). USB only working on WIN10 startup 2f75bd6a-436f-45b3-8c7c-f27ab8a3bb17?upload=true.png

I am running the latest version of my laptop's USB driver.

What can I do so that USB works in the intended way?

Thanks and BR

Claas Coors

:)

ClaasCoors, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Gusgf Win User
    Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Dec 4, 2018
  4. flamer Win User

USB only working on WIN10 startup

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

USB only working on WIN10 startup

1. USB only working on WIN10 startup - Similar Threads - USB working WIN10

2. keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.: so when i turn on my laptop is works on the login page. but when i log on i cant type. for example the "c" key opens the teams wight thing, "d" minimizes all apps. it just acts like the win key is constantly pressed. i honestly don't know hot i get it to cat normal again....
  3. keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.: so when i turn on my laptop is works on the login page. but when i log on i cant type. for example the "c" key opens the teams wight thing, "d" minimizes all apps. it just acts like the win key is constantly pressed. i honestly don't know hot i get it to cat normal again....
  4. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  5. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10: I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up your system? I have to replug everything on the hub when the system starts up, else they won't work. For example, HyperX...
  6. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10: I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up your system? I have to replug everything on the hub when the system starts up, else they won't work. For example, HyperX...
  7. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. USB not working (read-only)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB not working (read-only): [ATTACH] Please can someone Enlighten me just WHAT THE HELL am I supposed to do here. how to clear current read-only state!! At first it started giving error during format then I cleared read-only but I did not pay attention to (CURRENT READ-ONLY STATE : YES) then when I...
  9. USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?: Something has happened that seemingly only allows the the USB Mass Storage Device driver structure (?) to be used once per boot... I can use a single memory stick once - after that all storage devices (including the first if it's unplugged) will be detected ("Devices and...
  10. Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC: I am trying to set up a new Win10 PC. It’s an HP All-in-One Desktop (model 23-q112) with a Touchscreen. I don’t want to use Touch, so I disabled it in Device Manager. For some reason, Touch was enabled again a few restarts later. It may have happened via Windows Update; I’m...