Windows 10: USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download.

Discus and support USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, As my subject line asks which is the most reliable method? Either choosing the USB or ISO option when downloading the Windows 10 Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PossumNZ, Aug 19, 2019.

1. PossumNZ Win User

USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download.

Greetings,

As my subject line asks which is the most reliable method?

Either choosing the USB or ISO option when downloading the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

I had a failed install when choosing the USB Media Creation Tool download option then using this USB to start a new install of Windows 10 on a replacement hard drive on my Acer Model Z1801 desktop computer.

Any help much appreciated.

:)

PossumNZ, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 19, 2019
  3. IamEzio Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install straith from Microsoft . with an option to burn a cd, create an iso or flash a USB drive .

IamEzio, Aug 19, 2019
  4. night.fox Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

I have also mentioned up that this tool will download the 10240 (RTM) build and not the latest insider build which is 10565

night.fox, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download. - Similar Threads - USB ISO option

2. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  3. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  4. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  5. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. USB Media Creation Tool Option Question

USB Media Creation Tool Option Question: Use The Recommended Options For This PC. Should this option be checked or not? (I intend to do a Repair Install). I'm using Windows 10 Pro - but in the Options window, Windows 10 is already selected and I don't have an option to select Windows 10 Pro. What should I do? The...
  7. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  8. Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso

Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso: Hello, i've been looking for help a long time a go, thank god i found this forum. Here is the problem, im trying to use the media creation tool to download the W10 iso, boot from a dvd and do a clean install, deleting all my data. But the media creation tool seems to...
  9. Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool

Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool: Hello! I first want to say that I'm on a very slow internet connections and I want to download windows 10 iso. For that I generated a download link from the windows 10 iso download for os not supporting media creation tool. There it says it'll expire within 24 hours but I...
  10. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 download usb verses iso option