Windows 10: USB PCI 4 port card stopped responding

Discus and support USB PCI 4 port card stopped responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Added a four port internal USB 3 pci expansion card a few weeks ago. It no longer is resoponding to items plugged into it. Had a notice on windows a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trinaz, Dec 27, 2017.

1. trinaz Win User

USB PCI 4 port card stopped responding

Added a four port internal USB 3 pci expansion card a few weeks ago. It no longer is resoponding to items plugged into it. Had a notice on windows a week or so ago something like Windows has shut down a device/or something to protect your PC.

I'm assuming it was the card or port for the card that the notice referred to.

Is there a way I can reactive the 4-port card in order to try and trouble shoot what the problem might be. Card worked fine for a couple weeks...may have something to do with updates and/or successful update to Fall Creators major update ??

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Dec 27, 2017
  2. apie Win User

My new USB 3.0 HOST PCI-Express card will not recognize any devices

I installed a vantec 4 port superspeed usb 3 pci-e host card but cant get the driver to work

on win 10 the card performs as a usb 2 card

3. My new USB 3.0 HOST PCI-Express card will not recognize any devices

The first card I tried was:

Inateck Superspeed 7 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card - Interface USB 3.0 5 Port 2 Rear USB 3.0 Port

SysopChris, Dec 27, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Press the Win key+X and choose Device Manager. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, is there any devices with Yellow flags? The USB 3.0 eXtnsible Host Controller is your USB 3.0 driver. Right click and Uninstall any Yellow flags, then Right click any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes, this should install the previous driver. If this fails, You may need to download USB 3.0 drivers from the manufacturer of the cards support download drivers site. If that fails, the card itself may have failed.

spunk, Dec 27, 2017
  5. trinaz Win User
    Thanks for the help....Under USB controllers there is/was no yellow flags...?...here are the listed USB items under Universal Serial Bus Controllers....

USB PCI 4 port card stopped responding [​IMG]

Will try driver download from manufacturer.....how do I tell which of the listed USB devices is the 4-port add on card...this is a four port card

Thanks....TiminAz

trinaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB PCI 4 port card stopped responding - Similar Threads - USB PCI port

2. SD card and USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card and USB ports stopped working: I know. This has been a common problem in the past, but it just started today for me. I've set the computer to a restore point on a date when the SD card slot automatically opened a download window into Photoshop Bridge. I've read a few of the MS problem reports on this...
  3. USB 3.0 PCI-e 4 port card stops working after last Windows 10 update

USB 3.0 PCI-e 4 port card stops working after last Windows 10 update: I have a FebSmart 4 Ports USB 3.0 Super Fast 5Gbps PCI ExpressPCIe Expansion Card in my Dell Inspiron 3670. I installed back in June of 2019. It has worked flawlessly up to the update of Windows 10 Home version 2004 which was installed on July of 2020, OS build 19041.388....
  4. USB ports will not respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ports will not respond: my usb ports om my hp15 notebook just stopped working. is thtere a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-will-not-respond/ba4eb348-372a-4509-b6b3-5a29479911ab
  5. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  6. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  7. PCI Express card stops working

PCI Express card stops working: I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted. Now I can no longer see...
  8. 4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  9. 4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express

in Windows 10 Support
    4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  10. Best "Pci" Graphics Card for Pentium 4

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best "Pci" Graphics Card for Pentium 4: Wondering what the best Pci card for a Pentium 4 I should buy. Any Suggestions? Thanks! 68147

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 pci slot 1 stopped working