Windows 10: USB Pen Drive Failure

Discus and support USB Pen Drive Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba 16GB pen drive on to which I was copying programs from my Downloads Folder when for no apparent reason it crashed while copying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A Gray, Nov 8, 2017.

1. A Gray Win User

USB Pen Drive Failure

I have a Toshiba 16GB pen drive on to which I was copying programs from my Downloads Folder when for no apparent reason it crashed while copying Ashampoo Office 12 (no power failure or accidental pressing of a key). The pen drive is now inaccessible and is not recognised by my pc or my laptop (both with Windows 10 with the Fall Creators Upgrade installed). Is there any way of recovering the pen drive, it was brand new? I don't mind having to reformat it as I can easily replace the contents. It won't format using the right click option but that must be because it is not recognised.

:)

A Gray, Nov 8, 2017
  2. JDPrasad Win User

USB OTG Cable...

This is regarding usage of USB OTG cable for Nokia 701 mobile. When I connect 2GB USB pen drive to the mobile using this cable, the File Manager is able to detect all the files in pen drive and I'm able to open the files easily. If 8GB USB pen drive
    is connected, the File Manager is not opening the files and it displaying "Opening Files..." even after 15 minutes. Will there be any memory limit for USB pen drive for using. Any body please through some light on this issue. Thank you.

JDPrasad, Nov 8, 2017
  3. USB OTG not available. MIRACAST, MHL on Windows 8.1 - People will still have to wait longer

Hi People,

I partecipate at developers preview of Windows Phone 8.1.

I try to Connect at my lumia 820 the usb pen drive using usb otg adapter, but the pen drive don't read...

what si the problem?

thanks

AlessandroZucchelli, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Clintlgm Win User

USB Pen Drive Failure

Sounds like hardware failure, it happens

Clintlgm, Nov 8, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Flash drives are notorious for failing, we do not suggest using them as your only means of backup, They should only be used to transfer files from one computer to another.
    With the Flash drive in, press the Win key+X choose Disk Management. In the lower pane, is your Flash Drive showing? in the Left pane, (ie) Disk 1, Disk2 etc, does it say that the drive in Not Initialized? or in the Right pane, does it say the drive is Unallocated Space? If the later, right click that space and choose to make a New Simple Volume, Format it and choose a Drive letter.
    If this fails, the Flash Drive has failed and needs to be replaced.

spunk, Nov 8, 2017
  6. A Gray Win User
    Thanks spunk. I have tried what you have suggested but no joy it is not recognised by Disk Management, so I would guess that the drive has indeed failed. I get the error message attached when inserting the drive but that is all.
    USB Pen Drive Failure [​IMG]

A Gray, Nov 9, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    I/O Device Error (ie) Input Output Device Error or hardware failure of the device.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Pen Drive Failure

1. USB Pen Drive Failure - Similar Threads - USB Pen Drive

2. Slow speed on USB 3.0 pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow speed on USB 3.0 pen drive: Can somebody help me fix slow speeds on USB 3.0 pen drive. My port is also USB 3.0 and I have reinstalled all the drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-speed-on-usb-30-pen-drive/f0a62c14-6df1-4998-88a3-b4c9c8e985dd
  3. USB 3.0 32gb pen drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 32gb pen drive not recognised: My pen drive was working properly last year but now its not recgnised. It's a 32gb 3.0 usb pen drive. it is working 100% and how do i know that? If i plug it in to my lenovo legion laptop with windows 10 on it, it doesnt work, if i plug it in in my good old acer with a...
  4. USB Drives Failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drives Failure?: Hi, I think I made a mistake. I accidentally installed en-us_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_x64_dvd_6cfdb144 when I intended to install it to a VM. After this mistake, I've found that my USB drives are not working. I try multiple ports, and multiple devices a flash...
  5. USB Drives Failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives Failure?: Hi, I think I made a mistake. I accidentally installed en-us_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_x64_dvd_6cfdb144 when I intended to install it to a VM. After this mistake, I've found that my USB drives are not working. I try multiple ports, and multiple devices a flash...
  6. USB Drives Failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows not able to read USB pen drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not able to read USB pen drive: I have a old 4 GB USB pen drive, which Windows is unable to interact with. It detects it, but cannot read it. It is not a problem of my device or the Windows installation, because other pen drives work and I also tried it with another device, rather it seems a problem of my...
  8. Attaching and detaching a USB flash drive (pen drive)

Attaching and detaching a USB flash drive (pen drive): Really disheartening. A very simple thing: attaching and detaching a USB flash drive (pen drive) is becoming a painful operation: sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't work with the "Safe Removal". Usual: "Device currently in use. Close any programs or windows...
  9. USB pen drive not recognized - windows recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB pen drive not recognized - windows recovery drive: Made a windows recovery drive. The USB drive works to boot up the laptop . But windows does not recognize the drive in explorer or disk management. I want to update the recovery drive , having done a major windows update. Any idea how to work with the USB drive ? Thanks...
  10. USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING

USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING: HI, my usb drive (pen) not opening-renamed the drive but still no good.keeps asking me to insert a disk...? anyone help-usb holds 32.gb when full....