Windows 10: USB pendrive used by other process ?

Discus and support USB pendrive used by other process ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Quite a while now, when I try to make a bootable USB drive by using 3rd party programs like Rufus I get this: [img] and [img] Can't find who or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CountMike, Nov 14, 2018.

1. CountMike Win User

USB pendrive used by other process ?

Quite a while now, when I try to make a bootable USB drive by using 3rd party programs like Rufus I get this:

USB pendrive used by other process ? [​IMG]

and

USB pendrive used by other process ? [​IMG]

Can't find who or what is holding rights to it. I can do anything else to it, format it, delete files, write files, modify but to make it bootable, no chance.

:)

CountMike, Nov 14, 2018
  2. freebird_9924, Nov 14, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. USB pendrive used by other process ? - Similar Threads - USB pendrive used

2. Everytime I connect my usb pendrive, It shows repair and use or use without repairing. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I connect my usb pendrive, It shows repair and use or use without repairing. Why?: I recently bought a new pendrive. Other than the 1st connection, each time I connect, it shows to scan and repair or skip repairing. Why is it showing like that. If I skip the scan, the pendrive works fine. Why does it show then?...
  3. Everytime I connect my usb pendrive, It shows repair and use or use without repairing. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime I connect my usb pendrive, It shows repair and use or use without repairing. Why?: I recently bought a new pendrive. Other than the 1st connection, each time I connect, it shows to scan and repair or skip repairing. Why is it showing like that. If I skip the scan, the pendrive works fine. Why does it show then?...
  4. Everytime I connect my usb pendrive, It shows repair and use or use without repairing. Why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pendrive 3.0 working as a 2.0 pendrive on a usb 3.0 port

Pendrive 3.0 working as a 2.0 pendrive on a usb 3.0 port: I just bought a new pendrive and it has been working without problems. However, I decided to test the speed of the pendrive on my computer to see if everything matched what the manufacturer reported and realized that the speed didn't quite match. At that moment, I ended up...
  6. How to make Bootable USB PenDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Bootable USB PenDrive: I hope this blog helps you for creating Bootable USB PenDrive https://www.computercooltricks.com/post/how-to-make-bootable-usb-pendrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-bootable-usb-pendrive/f0c96b7b-3b00-41d6-8ffb-a745afb34042
  7. BOOTABLE USB PENDRIVE FOR WINDOWS 10 VERSION 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BOOTABLE USB PENDRIVE FOR WINDOWS 10 VERSION 20H2: I'm using rufus tool for making a bootable usb drive for windows 10 version 20h2. It is asking for partition type MBR OR GPT.I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SELECT.MY BIOS MODE IS UEFI. CURRENT VERSION IS F.35.PLEASE HELP ME....
  8. System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes.: Hello, Around 1 month ago, my laptop started to behave strangely and would freeze 2 hours after booting up. After a few weeks, I decided to keep task manager open and I noticed that System along with SysMain and ServiceHost:Windows Update were using up 100% of disk usage. I...
  9. How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10: Are you tired of your laptops and computers going extremely slow while using heavy applications or programmes? Did you know you could boost the speed of your laptops simply by using a pendrive as RAM? How can a pendrive be used as RAM? Confused? Don’t be for in this blog...
  10. USB Pendrive problem

USB Pendrive problem: Good morning to all. Since the latest windows 10 update, When I insert a usb pen drive into usb port on my laptop it don't show up I have to go into the File explorer to open the drive,And this is the same with a usb hdd. Been looking in the auto runs section but failed to...