Windows 10: USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.

Discus and support USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, so recently I've been on my PC and all of a sudden my USB ports disconnect and reconnect, followed by my monitor freezing up and I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toby_2020, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Toby_2020 Win User

USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.

Hi all, so recently I've been on my PC and all of a sudden my USB ports disconnect and reconnect, followed by my monitor freezing up and I am unable to get around this apart from restarting my entire PC. This issue is sporadic and is becoming a real issue for me.

Here's an example of an event log from when my USB ports disconnect/reconnect and my monitor freezes up. Some things I've tried; updating my drivers, windows is up to date, I have no viruses etc. Power saver settings on USB and power management plan have been adjusted to stop USB ports sleeping. I just need some alternative advice.

Thanks for your time :

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing

Date: 28/01/2020 11:46:38

Event ID: 28

Task Category: Provider

Level: Error

Keywords: 2048,512,Provider

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-CLOVF9M

Description:

Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2}" />

<EventID>28</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>3</Task>

<Opcode>25</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000a20</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-01-28T11:46:38.851802000Z" />

<EventRecordID>127</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="6452" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-CLOVF9M</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="ProviderGuid">{8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225473</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Toby_2020, Jan 28, 2020
  2. phone_dev Win User

USB Targetted Peripheral List

I am a design engineer developing a USB peripheral and would like to obtain the USB Targeted Peripheral List (TPL) for some current Nokia phones. This is detailed design information that should be available for the USB interface implemented on Nokia phones.
    Does anyone here know how to obatin this information?

I went through the Nokia support helpline who recommended the Nokia Beta Labs site. It doesn't seem that this site is appropriate.

phone_dev, Jan 28, 2020
  3. NateZ99 Win User
    Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD

The long and the short (I'd appreciate a read-through before deciding this is the wrong place to post) :

System Details:
    Windows 10 Home ver: 1703
    Build: 15063.250
    CPU: i7-5820K
    RAM: HYNIX 16GB @2400MHz
    VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    MoBo: Gigabyte X99-UD3-CF
    Bios: F22
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300
    Keyboard: Logitech Mechanical gaming G410

Problem Description:
    *Mouse and Keyboard and any other USB peripherals will stop responding several times throughout the day. No specific usage or program is noticed to be running. This happens during gaming, as well as during web-browsing or word-processing.

*Screen remains on and functioning, peripherals do not respond and remain unresponsive until a hard reboot.

*Reliability monitor shows no crashes, only that I rebooted unexpectedly (hard reboot).

Until today that is! Here is the report from within reliability monitor:

Event Signature
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 144
    Parameter1: 1010
    Parameter2: ffff8001dc986970
    Parameter3: 0
    Parameter4: 0
    OS Version: 15063_0_10
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 1_768
    OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
    Region ID: 1037

Additional Info
    Bucket ID: LKD_0x144_UNHANDLED_TRANSFER_EVENT_TRB_COMPLETION_CODE_USBXHCI!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_8086_D EV_8D31_REV_05
    Server Details: c737cc5c-6351-4b3c-b820-824a3bcc7447

Steps I have already Taken:

Updated Windows via Windows Update
    Updated all relevant drivers via Gigabyte website (chipset, LAN, USB, Audio, Video)
    Updated BIOS
    Switched keyboard and mouse to USB 2.0 ports
    Run chkdsk /r
    Run SFC/Scannow
    Scanned for and removed any malicious software using ESET Antivirus, Malwarebytes, Hitman PRO, ADW Cleaner, Junkware Removal Tool

Any help is greatly appreciated.

NateZ99, Jan 28, 2020
  4. USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.

2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when the monitors freezes at the middle of some work. Thanks for the information provided by you on the post.
    To understand the issue better, we need some information.

• Did you observe any changes to the system recently, such as Updates to driver or Windows?
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the make and model of the all the three monitors?
    • How the other 2 monitors connected to the PC?

However, you can try the steps below and check if it works for you.

Device Drivers settings.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display device. Right click on the device listed and select
      Update drivers
    3. You will receive a prompt
      Search automatically for Updated driver
    4. Restart the PC and then check if the Monitor 2 & 3 freezes after sleep.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.

1. USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help. - Similar Threads - USB peripherals monitor

2. USB monitors freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB monitors freezing: I have a pretty strange problem. I have two big monitors that always work fine but I recently got two smaller USB monitors. These monitors are powered off of a USB 3.0 powered hub and are frozen all the time EXCEPT for when I play a video game. I would have thought that it...
  3. USB monitors freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB monitors freezing: I have a pretty strange problem. I have two big monitors that always work fine but I recently got two smaller USB monitors. These monitors are powered off of a USB 3.0 powered hub and are frozen all the time EXCEPT for when I play a video game. I would have thought that it...
  4. PC is freezing, peripherals disconnect and monitors freeze, no luck fixing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is freezing, peripherals disconnect and monitors freeze, no luck fixing it: I have been running the system for a year with no issues, A week ago whilst I am playing games it will cause the freeze, I have left it for 30 minutes and it was not resolved this freeze can occur on launch of the game or anytime after. It will always freeze within 30 minutes...
  5. PC is freezing, peripherals disconnect and monitors freeze, no luck fixing it

PC is freezing, peripherals disconnect and monitors freeze, no luck fixing it: I have been running the system for a year with no issues, A week ago whilst I am playing games it will cause the freeze, I have left it for 30 minutes and it was not resolved this freeze can occur on launch of the game or anytime after. It will always freeze within 30 minutes...
  6. Computer freezes/peripherals out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes/peripherals out.: My wife bought me a computer last year, when we were moving I had to abruptly unplug the external hard drive that had quite a bit of games on it. Now I think that’s the culprit but I’m not sure. I get this error message everyone and then, the blue screen kmode exception not...
  7. Monitors freezing, audio stopping, and peripherals turning off. Please help.

Monitors freezing, audio stopping, and peripherals turning off. Please help.: Hi, lately I have been having an issue where every now and then, my monitors freeze, my headphones stop receiving sound, my keyboard and mouse stop working, and my computer crashes every now and then. I think it happens every time that my desk shakes, but it is very...
  8. Monitors freezing, audio stopping, and peripherals turning off. Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors freezing, audio stopping, and peripherals turning off. Please help.: Hi, lately I have been having an issue where every now and then, my monitors freeze, my headphones stop receiving sound, my keyboard and mouse stop working, and my computer crashes every now and then. I think it happens every time that my desk shakes, but it is very...
  9. Monitors freezing, audio stopping, and peripherals turning off. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD: The long and the short (I'd appreciate a read-through before deciding this is the wrong place to post) : System Details: Windows 10 Home ver: 1703 Build: 15063.250 CPU: i7-5820K RAM: HYNIX 16GB @2400MHz VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 MoBo: Gigabyte X99-UD3-CF Bios:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error setting traits on provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. error: 0xc0000001

2. pc peripherals freeze

3. USB peripherals and monitor freezing