Windows 10: USB Peripherals won't work when installing Windows 7 on dual boot with Windows 10

Discus and support USB Peripherals won't work when installing Windows 7 on dual boot with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've tried dual booting my PC with Windows 7 and Windows 10 by plugging the USB Stick with the ISO file.When I get to the installation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexw7enjoyer, Jul 12, 2021.

1. USB Peripherals won't work when installing Windows 7 on dual boot with Windows 10

Hello, I've tried dual booting my PC with Windows 7 and Windows 10 by plugging the USB Stick with the ISO file.When I get to the installation of Windows 7, screen seems like to froze and USB is unable to work.I've tried Disabling xHCI Hand-off option but still nothing. When I unplug my keyboard and mouse from 2.0 to 3.0 it still doesn't work, they will light up but not responding.Please help.My specs :CPU : AMD Ryzen 3 3200GGPU : AMD RADEON™ RX 550 4 GoMotherboard : ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6 Go/sRAM : 8 Go Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400 MHz 1 x 8 GoSSD : 128 Go SSD On whi

:)

Alexw7enjoyer, Jul 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Re-install xp in dual-boot configuration

I had an installation of xp . Then I added an installation of windows 7 and dual-booted both. Now the xp installation won`t boot and I want to repair / re-install it. If I do this , will it remove the windows 7 boot-loader and if it does then how do I get back my working dual-boot configuration ?

francis511, Jul 12, 2021
  4. USB Peripherals won't work when installing Windows 7 on dual boot with Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

USB Peripherals won't work when installing Windows 7 on dual boot with Windows 10

1. USB Peripherals won't work when installing Windows 7 on dual boot with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Peripherals won't

2. How to install dual boot windows 7 & Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install dual boot windows 7 & Windows 10?: i already installed windows 10 in my lenovo ideapad 320. It has UEFI & GPT Partition.when i was trying to install windows 7 these are im getting errors 1) stucked on boot logo ( In MBR) 2) keyboard & mouse won't working (In GPT) tried UEFI & legacy mode __/\__ none of them...
  3. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10: I have Windows 7 on my C: drive, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft onto a USB connected SATA drive on my laptop. (drive F:) When I go to install Windows 10 it does not ask me what drive I want to install it to. Will it automatically install to the F: drive since that is...
  4. Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.: I recently installed Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 for better support for older games, however Windows 10 will now no longer boot, it simply goes to a black screen with a circle of spinning dots with occasional disk activity. I have left it like this for at least 3 hours...
  5. Dual-Boot 10 and 7,... 7 won't boot

Dual-Boot 10 and 7,... 7 won't boot: Below is a listing of my rig's internals. This was my umty-8th build 6years ago, with the Crucial M4 SSD and the Program drive and the Backup drive. The 1TB game drive was added about two years ago. Note: This rig has been nothing but fast and trouble free. Also, I build...
  6. Window 7 & 10 with dual boot mode not working

Window 7 & 10 with dual boot mode not working: So I wanted to get going with Windows 10 but i have lot of stuff on my existing machine mostly programming setup, so i was not sure what will work and what will not after the upgrade. so to give it a real chance i decided to install win 10 in dual boot mode with win 7. This...
  7. Dual boot windows 10 & 7

Dual boot windows 10 & 7: Hello I have a computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a genuine licence. I have two identicle SSDs (with different serial numbers obviously) I want to run windows 7 on one. I want to put the image of the original on the second and have a dual boot. Software...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot

Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot: I installed the 10 tech preview along side my win 7 ultimate, I reinstalled, the Windows 7 side of the HDD because after however many years the OS had a LOT of clutter, and even though windows update was a nightmare I finally got all the updates installed and only the...
  9. Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10

Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10: Currently I'm running Windows 10 fall creators update Pro-64 bit. For some unavoidable reason I need to install Windows 7 Ultimate alongside Windows 10 (dual boot). But whenever I'm trying to install windows 7 it's saying "Your computer is already running newer version of...
  10. Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10

Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10: Hi All, I already have Windows 10 Home x64 on my notebook. I had upgraded from Windows 8.1. I have never had Windows 7 on this system. I want to dual boot install Windows 7 on a partition so that I can play some games that are not compatible with Windows 10. *Sad I...