Windows 10: USB phone charging very hot?

Discus and support USB phone charging very hot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For my Android phone I have a USB charger with two 2.1A and one Fast Charge outlets. The usb plug to the charger gets very hot when on Fast Charge. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jun 17, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

USB phone charging very hot?

For my Android phone I have a USB charger with two 2.1A and one Fast Charge outlets. The usb plug to the charger gets very hot when on Fast Charge. Is this normal and safe? it gets too hot to hold. My practice has beeen to use Fast Charge for only a limited time (say around 30 mins max) and then to complete with 2.1 A. However both of the 2.1A outlets have now stopped working (after about 2 years use). Is it OK to just use the Fast outlet, even if only for short periods?

:)

clayto, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Roger41 Win User

Very hot when charging

Hi Shaira

As suggested I did a soft reset. Since then I've had no problems with the phone getting hot when charging.

Many thanks for your help.

Roger

Roger41, Jun 17, 2021
  3. USB charging

@skaterbuoy

• the particular url u provide is for a usb charging cable
    • though u have got an usb charger cable it is not possible to get each and every phone charge by the cable.
    • the particular phone must have provision for usb charging, in other words the device should have been calibrated for usb charging.
    • examples. Nokia E75 has the provision for usb charging but X6 dosen' have that provision.

chandana99, Jun 17, 2021
  4. USB phone charging very hot?

USB charge Plus

Hello Ziad,

ASUS USB Charger Plus is a program developed for the Windows platform that lets users charge their USB devices such as music players, tablets and smart phones while their computer is in Sleep Mode. The program also lets the USB slot draw more power allowing devices to charge much faster.

You have 2 Options

Uninstall:

If you are not using your device to charge other devices while on sleep mode my suggestion is to just uninstall it. I have that same functionality in my GIGABYTE Motherboard and it makes my Samsung Phone Hot while charging and I still recommend using your Phone Charger instead since it has the right amount of Amp and Wattage.

Install the Utility that I provided and update USB CHARGER PLUS instead to get rid of the Error Message that you are receiving.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

USB phone charging very hot?

1. USB phone charging very hot? - Similar Threads - USB phone charging

2. Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB: Hello. I have windows 10 on a HP Pavillion. For years, I have been able to connect my phone android and my spouse's phone iphone via USB to download photos. I was doing this with the iphone and I would randomly get an error message do not remember it and would have to unplug...
  3. Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB: Hello. I have windows 10 on a HP Pavillion. For years, I have been able to connect my phone android and my spouse's phone iphone via USB to download photos. I was doing this with the iphone and I would randomly get an error message do not remember it and would have to unplug...
  4. Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External mSata ssd very hot.

External mSata ssd very hot.: Having tried HWiNFO64 to get temperature of external drive. = 53/54 Celsius Kingston mSata SUV500MS 480GB in aluminium enclosure via short cable to USB C/Thunderbolt socket. Machine uses AHCI. Task Manager shows ssd at gentle use but is nearly too hot to keep hand on casing....
  6. Surface Pro7 very hot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro7 very hot: My new surface pro7 is getting very hot when it's in use, can hardly touch it. It is on a desk not on my lap. When the fan comes on my audio and visual lags really bad. It is only 9 months old. What can I do?...
  7. Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...: submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6ibt4/want_to_connect_my_android_phone_to_laptop_usb/
  8. Charging a phone

Charging a phone: I have a Google Pixel 4XL phone and I ma often leaving it charging overnight which of course it does what I would like to konow is apart from the 'ost' of doing so will it damage the phones battery. 161025
  9. Charging a phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Charging a phone: I have a Google Pixel 4XL phone and I ma often leaving it charging overnight which of course it does what I would like to konow is apart from the 'ost' of doing so will it damage the phones battery. 161025
  10. Charging phone: USB Device not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Charging phone: USB Device not recognized: I plug my android phone that charges by usb-c cable into the USB port on my pc and it starts charging for approx half a second, then stops. It has always worked before and I'm having difficulty googling an answer. The error message won't pop up anymore but it was saying...