Windows 10: USB plug and Play microphone not working properly

Discus and support USB plug and Play microphone not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with thi plug and play devices, its a microphone and the problem is it's too quiet. The solution I've found is to uninstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GianlucaPozza, Sep 24, 2018.

1. USB plug and Play microphone not working properly

Hi, I have a problem with thi plug and play devices, its a microphone and the problem is it's too quiet. The solution I've found is to uninstall the device form the USB tab in devmgmt.msc, reboot the system and then plug in the microphone and let windows re-install it. Now, if i need to use the microphone I have to do this procedure every time after booting up the system. The microphone doesnt have specific drivers. Any better solution to this problem?

:)

GianlucaPozza, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Rolly13 Win User

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Sep 24, 2018
  3. James057 Win User
    Windows 10 USB Microphone will not find drivers on my desktop

As the title says, I just recently upgraded my work computer to windows 10 from windows 7. None of my microphones work now and are not recognized. I have a dual monitor set up that has webcams and mics on each one plus a USB microphone. Device manager
    shows a exclamation mark beside each.

Steps I've tried

• Plug the USB mic into my wife's Surface Book. It works perfectly. Therefore, it's not the microphone.
    • Plug it into every single USB slot on the computer and USB hubs, no go
    • Disabled USB 3.0 in my bios, no go
    • Run various TroubleShooters with no luck. The recording one just tells me its not plugged in.
    • Buy a new microphone and try that, no go.
    • Spent a day and half on google trying out numerous solutions, none work

I have to have a microphone since I work remote. I do not want to have to revert back to windows 7 just because I can't get a microphone to work.

It's not a fancy microphone, just a Dynex Plug and Play microphone. There are no drivers for it anywhere. I don't understand how my wife's Surface Book running windows 10 can find drivers for it but my desktop PC can't.

Between this and my Lumia 950 giving me all kinds of issues I'm just about done with windows.

[update]

Plugged in my 360 controller and hooked up the headset. The controller works, the headset doesn't.

James057, Sep 24, 2018
  4. USB plug and Play microphone not working properly

Rundll32.exe hang (Recording devices) when USB microphone installed

Thank-you for your reply. I seem to have found at least a partial solution although I'm not quite sure how. These are the steps I took:-

• I uninstalled my Avast antivirus rather than just disabling it.
    • I tried to uninstall the USB Audio device (which was the device Windows has detected and installed for the microphone).
    • I found that even with the device uninstalled, the USB microphone appeared in "Recording devices" and rundll32.exe hung.
    • I unplugged the device and managed to get it uninstalled and rebooted.
    • I believe I then plugged it into a different USB port and it automatically reinstalled but as "Microphone (2-USB Audio Device)" and "Speakers (2-USB Audio Device)"
    • The "Recording devices" dialogue now works OK with the microphone plugged into either USB port.
    • I have reinstalled Avast and the microphone now appears to be working in Audacity but only with the mic plugged into the 2nd USB port.

I did run sfc (but in verifyonly for now) and no file integrity issues were found.

I'm not sure this is a complete or stable solution yet, but for now it appears that the upgrade process did not migrate the device properly and it is necessary to uninstall and reinstall with a reboot inbetween.

Stuart

stuartb3502, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

USB plug and Play microphone not working properly

1. USB plug and Play microphone not working properly - Similar Threads - USB plug Play

2. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  3. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  4. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working properly: When I am on a call, and some audio is playing on my device in the background, the other side is able to hear the background sound. My PC doesn't cancel that voice.Is there a way to fix this?...
  5. Plug&Play seems to not work properly, does it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plug&Play seems to not work properly, does it?: I use some business tablet for win 10. I need to use hub because it has only one normal USB slot and2 of those godawfull USB type C's. The hub tends to often disconnect for a moment when I adjust postion of the tablet. It weren't big of an issue for like 6 months untill now....
  6. USB microphones not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB microphones not working properly: Think this question has been asked some times in the past but without a satisfactory answer. I bought a USB microphone Tonor TC-777 and found that it worked very poorly on my laptop ASUS Vivobook S14 with Windows 10. The recording volume is extremely low even at maximum...
  7. Microphone is not working properly

Microphone is not working properly: I can't hear anyone chat or voice I think my microphone is not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-properly/bbe3805d-db3e-48f8-9a16-8585362f005f
  8. microphone: speaker cannot work when I plug in a usb microphone

microphone: speaker cannot work when I plug in a usb microphone: I plug my USB microphone into my laptop, it can detect sound, can record sound, but my laptop cannot play the sound neither by computer speaker nor headphone, unless I pull out the USB microphone....
  9. My USB plugs are not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My USB plugs are not working properly: I keep on connecting my webcam, wifi adapter and USB. It reads all 3 of them but after a couple of minutes they disconnect and stop working. I keep plugging it in and out and sometimes it connects for a couple seconds then it disappears. I have to restart my computer, it was...
  10. None of the microphones plug-in play work

None of the microphones plug-in play work: *Sad I have done everything I know to do from uninstalling, reinstalling, getting a new usb sound card -- everything. I have using Windows 10. And I have several mics most in headphones, but one external usb mic. Everyone of them work for a moment -- then mute themselves...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plug and play mic not showing

2. plug and play microphone not working

3. Are there any issues with this plug and play microphone