Windows 10: USB plug in Zip Drives

Discus and support USB plug in Zip Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have several odd zip drives which contain various content. If I plug them in to my usb drive I can pull up their content, but I want to clear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesLawrence8, Feb 16, 2020.

1. USB plug in Zip Drives

I have several odd zip drives which contain various content. If I plug them in to my usb drive I can pull up their content, but I want to clear the drive for new content. How do I delete all old material from a zip drive?

:)

JamesLawrence8, Feb 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Will Only Recognize My MAIN USB Zip Drive In Port (EUSB plug in Zip Drives :). It Will NOT Recognize Any Other Zip Drive Plugged Into Any Other Port.

Trying to transfer files from one USB zip drive to another. WIndows 10 will only show the main zip drive on 'This PC'.

Today, I am transferring files from one zip drive to another and all my computer will recognize is my main zip drive (EUSB plug in Zip Drives :) and files. If I plug in a different USB drive into a different port, it will not
    even show that the USB drive is plugged in and will not pull it up on available lists.

If I unplug the main USB zip drive from drive (EUSB plug in Zip Drives :) and then plug in another USB zip drive to the SAME port, it will not even show (EUSB plug in Zip Drives :) on the list.

If I plug a new USB zip drive into ANY other port, it will not show it on the list either.

I've updated the drives (it said the updates are already installed) on the computer and it still only shows the main zip drive (EUSB plug in Zip Drives :) when the MAIN USB zip drive in inserted.
    USB plug in Zip Drives 1f620.png
    USB plug in Zip Drives :mad: ..I
    NEED it to show BOTH (EUSB plug in Zip Drives :) and (FUSB plug in Zip Drives :) drives, at the SAME time on DIFFERENT ports, to transfer files from the main drive to the new drive. Windows 10.

Any ideas?Thank you.

GwenChristi, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

USB plug in Zip Drives

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

USB plug in Zip Drives

1. USB plug in Zip Drives - Similar Threads - USB plug Zip

2. Keep the USB drive plugged in - not a duplicate!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keep the USB drive plugged in - not a duplicate!: Hi, The past few months I have been having this issue where my computer is asleep, but when I come back to it the fan is running loud and I have to shut the laptop down. When I open it again this error message pops up: Keep the USB drive plugged in. Only remove it after...
  3. Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible: This is a brand new Fusion5 tablet running Windows 10. It plays sound correctly. I can plug in a usb external drive and access the files on it. But if I am playing music and then plug in the usb external drive, the drive is accessible but the sound immediately stops. If...
  4. Iomega Zip 250 USB

Iomega Zip 250 USB: i have an Iomega Zip 250 USB, and have been trying to get it to work with Windows 10, It shows up as a USB drive and says all is working, but still not. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this to work? Need someone's expert help,...
  5. Iomega Zip Drive

Iomega Zip Drive: I have the above and I'm told by others that Windows 10 will automatically recognize it as a 'disc drive.' However, when I connect the USB to my computer, I hear the normal 'beep', but the drive is not read. Any suggestions??...
  6. Zip drive

Zip drive: How to format an iomega 100 zip drive using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-drive/1652d762-6dfc-4dae-a340-0627693087e0
  7. No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in: I switched off my pc during a 'getting windows ready screen' that got stuck due to the fact I didn't want to leave it on over night. The next day when I tried to boot it, it let off a loud prolonged beep and got stuck in the now very laggy bios menu. Some research online...
  8. plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...: hi, It happened before that when I plugged in my USB drive to my laptop, I got a message from Windows Defender that there is a virus but blocked it or put under quarantine. I had it taken care of. I think it is something like autorun... I reformatted my USB drive and put all...
  9. USB Plug in Drives

USB Plug in Drives: I am having problems in getting an External DVD Drive recognised by my laptop that is running Windows 10 with 1803. When the laptop is operating and I plug in a Canon Camera SX730-HS the File Explorer immediately recognises the camera yet when I plug in the external DVD...
  10. Annoying warning plugging in usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying warning plugging in usb flash drive: When I Plug in a USB Flash Drive, I get This Annoying Message . Camera Upload. Keep Your Memories Safe. All your photos and videos will be automatically saved to dropbox. How can I get rid of or dissable this warning/message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iomega zip drive www.windowsphoneinfo.com