Windows 10: USB PLUGGIN I CANT SEEM TO FIND HOW TO FIND A WAY TO PLAYBACK THE RECORDINGS ON MY HP...

Discus and support USB PLUGGIN I CANT SEEM TO FIND HOW TO FIND A WAY TO PLAYBACK THE RECORDINGS ON MY HP... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OOPS I ASKED THE QUESTION ON THE TITLE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikehelgans, Aug 1, 2020.

1. USB PLUGGIN I CANT SEEM TO FIND HOW TO FIND A WAY TO PLAYBACK THE RECORDINGS ON MY HP...

OOPS I ASKED THE QUESTION ON THE TITLE

:)

mikehelgans, Aug 1, 2020
  2. JOSHSKORN Win User

How can I record playback audio and mic?

I've actually managed to my problem, just by Googling...after finally figuring out what to Google.

Problem: Using Audicity, I wanted to record audio of myself singing karaoke. Sound inputs

• YouTube video playing from Google Chrome
    • G933 Logitech Headset (or any USB mic for that matter)

Two applications required for this. Download these two apps. When installing, make sure you Run As Administrator for each. Install each app, then reboot your PC.

In Windows 10

1. Go to Control Panel>Sounds>Playback and Set CABLE Input as your Default Playback device. Verify that you now have these three additional Playback Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

1. Go to the Recording tab and Set CABLE Output as your Default Recording device. Verify that you now have these three additional Recording Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

In Audacity (Preferences>Settings>Devices):

• Host: MME
    • Playback Device: VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio Voi
    • Recording Device: VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio Vo
    • Channels: 2 (Stereo)

Open Voice Meeter Banana (use the Search box next to the Start button) and change these settings:

• HARDWARE INPUT 1: MME: CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual
    • HARDWARE INPUT 2: MME: Set it to your desired microphone. I used Microphone Logitech G933 Gaming). For this hardware input, select A1 to deselect it. Otherwise, you will hear your voice playing through your Speakers/Headset.
    • HARDWARE OUT: Click A1 and select MME: <your output device>. In my case, MME: Speakers (Logitech G933 Gaming)

To test: Go to Youtube, find a video to play. Go to Audacity. Click Record, then go back to your YouTube video and click play. You should see the sound meter go up and down, in accordance to the track you're playing. Additionally if you speak, you will see your mic's meter rise and fall, as well. Stop the recording when finished. Note that to hear the newly recorded track's audio, you may have to change your Playback sound to your desired device. It i also important to note to reset your Playback device once exiting VoiceMeeter Banana, to your desired audio output device. This can be done by selecting the sound button on your System Tray.

JOSHSKORN, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Frequent switching of playback and recording devices

Windows 10 user for a bit and have been seeing this as an 'issue' for quite a few versions of Windows.

I have x3 recording and x2-3 playback devices installed.

Recording

• Logitech Webcam (USB)
    • Plantronics Headset (USB)
    • Blue Yeti Pro (USB)
    Playback

• Bose Speakers (Speaker port on Dell touchscreen)
    • Plantronics Headset (USB)
    • Earbuds (headphones port - not always plugged in)
    Most are hardwired and one has a Bluetooth connection capability (Plantronics). I find myself often switching from one device to another, depending on the situation - recording, listening to music, taking a phone call, etc.

The current switching process is a bit cumbersome - right click the speaker in the taskbar, select playback or recording device and then picking whichever device. I find myself going thru this process x2-5 a day given whatever I am doing

It would seem to me that an app or icon / button selector would be ideal. Anyone aware of an app or device that might accommodate my need?

StevenGroves, Aug 1, 2020
  4. JOSHSKORN Win User

USB PLUGGIN I CANT SEEM TO FIND HOW TO FIND A WAY TO PLAYBACK THE RECORDINGS ON MY HP...

How can I record playback audio and mic?

LOL it took me a sec. I take it you tried recording yourself with the BAND, "ABBA" via Voice Recorder, and it worked for you.

As for me, no such luck.
    I appreciate the effort you went through to take those screen shots. Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

I actually have a few recording devices plugged into my computer. Originally:
    • Line-In - plugs into the Headphone jack on audio receiver. Currently turned off, so it is listed as "Not Plugged In"
    • Logitech C922x Webcam, has a microphone as well. I disabled the microphone on it, after noticing its mic was picking up sounds when I attempted recording again after changing my settings according to your instructions. Once I disabled this, I saw no green light indicators indicating sound was being picked up.
    • Logitech G933 Headset - this is my default Recording and Playback device (Default Communication device). I did change the default to Stereo Mix as indicated in your instructions, no luck though.
    • Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio - Not Plugged in, as I don't use 3.5mm microphones
    • Stereo Mix - As per your instructions, I made sure this was enabled and set as the Default Device.

Any thoughts as to why I'm having issues getting this to work? Does this by chance have anything to do with the fact that I use USB devices for Recording and Playback?

JOSHSKORN, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

USB PLUGGIN I CANT SEEM TO FIND HOW TO FIND A WAY TO PLAYBACK THE RECORDINGS ON MY HP...

1. USB PLUGGIN I CANT SEEM TO FIND HOW TO FIND A WAY TO PLAYBACK THE RECORDINGS ON MY HP... - Similar Threads - USB PLUGGIN CANT

2. i cant seem to find my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant seem to find my bluetooth: i have looked and i cant figure out how to turn on bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-find-my-bluetooth/84f6c6e0-325f-4fa9-93e6-60a0d075e3e1
  3. i cant seem to find my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant seem to find my bluetooth: i have looked and i cant figure out how to turn on bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-find-my-bluetooth/84f6c6e0-325f-4fa9-93e6-60a0d075e3e1
  4. i cant seem to find my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. it seems i cant find my device to install purchase app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it seems i cant find my device to install purchase app: asxsacsacscacCSACScacsacascacscasacs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-seems-i-cant-find-my-device-to-install-purchase/d27e0536-492d-4a17-9545-45bea7b950a8
  6. it seems i cant find my device to install purchase app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    it seems i cant find my device to install purchase app: asxsacsacscacCSACScacsacascacscasacs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-seems-i-cant-find-my-device-to-install-purchase/d27e0536-492d-4a17-9545-45bea7b950a8
  7. I cant find my camera in HP pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find my camera in HP pc: My HP pc cant find the camera so the webcam cant function. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-camera-in-hp-pc/922c46dd-2b50-4a79-800e-a030c4c32150
  8. I cannot find a way to contact hp

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot find a way to contact hp: I bought a hp laptop HP envy 13t-ba000 from hp web site. It came about 8/26 after some delay. I thought I was buying a touch screen, but no. The absence of touch was was carefully hidden. I cannot find a way to contact hp. I can't get out of their help assistant, which isn't...
  9. Cant find recorded videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant find recorded videos: Hey, I recorded a few videos using the microsoft camera app. When I tried to open the files directly, it crashed and after restarting it and recording a test video to locate it, my old files weren’t in the folder. Does anyone know how to find those videos? submitted by...
  10. Cant seem to find my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant seem to find my product key: So basically I just bought a new pc setup from a computer store. They said mc office was already included. Didn't know I had to enter a product key and that kind of stuff to get mc office. So I got this little white Microsoft envelope with another white small card inside...