Windows 10: USB plugs not working

Discus and support USB plugs not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My USB plugs are all failing. They connect and disconnect back and fourth. Ever since an update this is happening, I have a web cam and a Wifi adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SebastianSanchez1, Feb 26, 2019.

1. USB plugs not working

My USB plugs are all failing. They connect and disconnect back and fourth. Ever since an update this is happening, I have a web cam and a Wifi adapter and I have tested both on a different computer to see if the problem was the devices or the computer. Is there any way to fix this I have searched online for many solutions none of them seem to work, really need to solve this its very important for my business. If anyone can please help me it would be greatly appreciated

In device manager I have an error

"Windows has Stopped this device because it has reported problem ( code 43 )

I have already various times disabled and enabled, I have also tried updating it. I have as well Uninstalled the driver and Installed it again

:)

SebastianSanchez1, Feb 26, 2019

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 26, 2019
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Feb 26, 2019
  4. USB plugs not working

SanDisk USB drive not working in Windows 10 (which was working fine last week)

Hi Nawab,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for plug and play services and check if it helps.

• Press Windwos+R.
    • In run type “services.msc”.
    • Then locate “plug and play services”.
    • Right click on it, disable and enable the service.
    • Click on “ok” and then restart the computer, check whether the USB is detected.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

USB plugs not working

1. USB plugs not working - Similar Threads - USB plugs working

2. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  3. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  4. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  5. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  6. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

7. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.: Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs. Problem description: Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers original, not driverpack or other s*** and BIOS. System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one....
  8. My USB plugs are not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My USB plugs are not working properly: I keep on connecting my webcam, wifi adapter and USB. It reads all 3 of them but after a couple of minutes they disconnect and stop working. I keep plugging it in and out and sometimes it connects for a couple seconds then it disappears. I have to restart my computer, it was...
  9. USB Plug in Drives

USB Plug in Drives: I am having problems in getting an External DVD Drive recognised by my laptop that is running Windows 10 with 1803. When the laptop is operating and I plug in a Canon Camera SX730-HS the File Explorer immediately recognises the camera yet when I plug in the external DVD...
  10. USB plug and Play microphone not working properly

USB plug and Play microphone not working properly: Hi, I have a problem with thi plug and play devices, its a microphone and the problem is it's too quiet. The solution I've found is to uninstall the device form the USB tab in devmgmt.msc, reboot the system and then plug in the microphone and let windows re-install it. Now,...