Windows 10: USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer.

Discus and support USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About 3 days ago, I bought a USB PNP headset. At first, it took a few 10-20 minutes for the computer to recognize the new headset and install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tyute, Jul 20, 2020.

1. tyute Win User

USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer.

About 3 days ago, I bought a USB PNP headset. At first, it took a few 10-20 minutes for the computer to recognize the new headset and install the drivers. I used it normally with no issues for the next 2 days, until this morning, in which the computer did not recognize the headset. The headset itself is connected to the computer, and it works normally whenever I use it on another computer i tried on my Chromebook this evening, but it only doesnt work on my computer specifically.

I have already updated USB drivers, I have uninstalled the USB PNP device drivers and I am currently updating my audio drivers, to see if I can fix this. So far I have had no results, and I would appreciate the help of others regarding this issue.

:)

tyute, Jul 20, 2020

2. My USB Headset is not being recognized.

Hello. My USB headset is not being recognized. Whenever I connect it in my PC, an error shows up that says:

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it, your device may not be working correctly.

I tried connecting it in different USB ports and still nothing happens. Please help me with this, thanks.

Tom Abrahamson, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    computer not recognizing usb drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use USB drive on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error when connecting a USB drive?
    • Does this issue occur only with one particular USB or with all the USB drives?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized”
    except for Method 1 and 2.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 20, 2020
  4. USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer.

Headset problems

Hi Ricky,

We'd like to verify a few information regarding the problem you encountered with your USB headset.

• Is this the first time you're trying to install or connect your USB headset to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port on your computer?
    • When you connected your headset, did the PC recognize it?

To help us isolate and address the issue, we suggest that you perform the hardware troubleshooter. Follow the steps below:

• Open your Control Panel.
    • Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer.

1. USB PNP headset not being recognized on computer. - Similar Threads - USB PNP headset

2. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  3. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  4. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP not being recognized: Hi, a few days ago I bought a usb PnP usb to aux device because the aux ports in my pc didn't work, but now my windows wont recognize it even though it did work, and when it does recognize it if I move too hard it disconnects....
  6. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PnP not being recognized: Hi, a few days ago I bought a usb PnP usb to aux device because the aux ports in my pc didn't work, but now my windows wont recognize it even though it did work, and when it does recognize it if I move too hard it disconnects....
  7. USB PnP not being recognized

8. USB Headset not being recognized

USB Headset not being recognized: I recently bought an Arcus 150T gaming headset. When i plugged it into my laptop i heard a noise as if someone was repeatedly tapping on the outside of the headset. The headset itself is not being recognised and isnt outputting any forms of audio but the rgb on the headset is...
  9. Headset not being recognized.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset not being recognized.: So, I just bought some ebisu headphones and they work just fine. I was trying to find out how to turn my microphone on, and when I went on to sound settings, neither the audio output nor the input where being recognized, but my headphones were working just fine, but the mic...
  10. My USB Headset is not being recognized.

My USB Headset is not being recognized.: Hello. My USB headset is not being recognized. Whenever I connect it in my PC, an error shows up that says: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still...