Windows 10: usb pnp mic not working

Discus and support usb pnp mic not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello everyone i am using usb pnp sound card in which i am not able to use mic i checked with my drivers they are working. please help me to resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gauravrana1, Jun 12, 2021.

1. usb pnp mic not working

hello everyone i am using usb pnp sound card in which i am not able to use mic i checked with my drivers they are working. please help me to resolve the issue.thanks

:)

gauravrana1, Jun 12, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 12, 2021
  3. lunar_rev Win User
    BM-800 Mic recognized as "USB pnp Sound Device"

I've seen multiple people ask this question on here but have not gotten a clear answer so here goes.

I have a BM-800 Condenser Mic. I can plug it in through 3.5 mm jack, and it works and I can adjust the levels and enhancements and such and it's perfect. Except for the quality. It's awful. So, I try to plug in through USB and use the soundcard. It becomes
    so quiet it can't even really pick up my voice and the options for mic boost and enhancements disappear and it becomes recognized as a USB pnp Sound Device. A generic one. I have a soundcard and a seperate power supply to it. It's not the mic's bad quality
    either, it's because it's recognized as a USB pnp Sound Device. How do I make it be recognized as a regular microphone?

I am using Windows 10.

I have reinstalled the mic's drivers.

lunar_rev, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Nigel112 Win User

usb pnp mic not working

USB PnP not working

This is a Windows 7 desktop system upgraded to Windows 10

Everything worked ok in Windows 7 but upgrading to Windows 10 has stopped a USB Plantronics sound adapter from working - settings shows USB PnP Sound Device Driver Unavailable.

OK, I thought, this is a fairly old USB sound stick so no problem I'll buy a new one. A new usb sound device was purchased and I got exactly the same problem.

A call to Microsoft Support failed to really get to the route of the problem but installing Windows 7 drivers for the new sound device worked ok. They suggested that the sound device didn't support Windows 10...

This is a 64 bit AMD processor system. I thought I'd check both the Plantronics USB Device & the new one on a Windows 10 laptop (also 64 bit AMD) They both worked fine!

More calls to Microsoft support with some pretty sketchy results... still no USB PnP drivers working on this system. OK, I thought let me buy some more USB audio devices, perhaps it is a problem. This time going for ones where the suppliers assured me they
    worked with Windows 10 and were supported by Windows 10 and the USB PnP driver.

I now have 5 USB sound devices! All work fine on the laptop and none work on this desktop system - all showing the same error:

Setting: USB PnP Sound Driver Unavailable

Device Manager: Driver not installed. Clicking the Update Driver button fails to find any drivers

I've spoken to several Microsoft tech support people (although I have to say most of them didn't really seem very knowledgeable) & they've run through all the normal things, troubleshooters etc. but found nothing wrong just saying the device doesn't support
    Windows 10.

Clearly the devices do work under Windows 10 and are all supported by the generic USB PnP driver - they work on the laptop ok. All the hardware must work ok on the desktop system because if you install Windows 7/8 drivers everything works ok.

This would seem to be an issue with USB PnP drivers specific to this desktop system...

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Nigel112, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

usb pnp mic not working

1. usb pnp mic not working - Similar Threads - usb pnp mic

2. Usb pnp drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb pnp drive: Hello guys!So I have a USB PnP device. Before I used to store pictures on it, and it worked completeley fine but now I have an issue with it, it does not display as a storage device in my computer anymore. Only as a sound device. Is there any way to fix it? I can't find it...
  3. USB PnP Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP Audio Device not working: Hi , so I just recently bought a microphone Fifine K669B which is a plug n play, so no drivers are needed to be installed. However, windows detects it but it doesn't show up in Recording as a microphone. I tried it on my laptop but it worked fine. This is my OS...
  4. USB PnP Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PnP Audio Device not working: Hi , so I just recently bought a microphone Fifine K669B which is a plug n play, so no drivers are needed to be installed. However, windows detects it but it doesn't show up in Recording as a microphone. I tried it on my laptop but it worked fine. This is my OS...
  5. USB PnP Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB Mic Not Working

USB Mic Not Working: Recently, I got a brand new microphone to use for my computer. When I set it up last night everything worked fine, the cables and wires were all plugged in the right way. But when I woke up this morning and tried to use my microphone, it was not detecting any sound input....
  7. Problem: Kernel PnP 442. My USB Mic doesn't work

Problem: Kernel PnP 442. My USB Mic doesn't work: I have Windows 10, updated the last version. I was using with no problem an USB Mic ZOOM H2. As soon as I installed a Focusrite Sound Card, I couldn't make my H2 work anymore. ZOOM H2 drivers are Ok, Windows still recognice it when I connect the H2 Mic, all sound...
  8. BM-800 Mic recognized as "USB pnp Sound Device"

BM-800 Mic recognized as "USB pnp Sound Device": I've seen multiple people ask this question on here but have not gotten a clear answer so here goes. I have a BM-800 Condenser Mic. I can plug it in through 3.5 mm jack, and it works and I can adjust the levels and enhancements and such and it's perfect. Except for the...
  9. USB mic not working

USB mic not working: I recently bought a new microphone. (TONOR USB Microphone kit Q9). When using it it will work for a while until tabbing out or updating the mic in someway which will cause it to stop working and when looking at the volume it will be fixed at a point. I've used troubleshooting...
  10. USB Mic not working.

USB Mic not working.: So I know theres already a few threads for this but ive looked through like 4 of them and not just on here but other sites too. I know my mic works I used it on my laptop earlier, but it doesnt work on my pc for some reason. I've tried the troubleshooter, allowing audio to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb pnp audio device enhan enhancement

2. usb pnp headset microphone not working