Windows 10: USB pnp not connecting/registering

Discus and support USB pnp not connecting/registering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my microphone it shows up and connects and then sometimes it almost immediately gets disconnected even though its still plugged in. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gsmhelper, Jan 9, 2022.

1. gsmhelper Win User

USB pnp not connecting/registering

When I connect my microphone it shows up and connects and then sometimes it almost immediately gets disconnected even though its still plugged in. When it disconnects my audio cuts out for a split second and then returns. the range of time that the microphone is randomly disconnected is from 1 minute before coming back to almost 2 hours. I use windows 10.

:)

gsmhelper, Jan 9, 2022
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jan 9, 2022
  3. Nigel112 Win User
    USB PnP not working

This is a Windows 7 desktop system upgraded to Windows 10

Everything worked ok in Windows 7 but upgrading to Windows 10 has stopped a USB Plantronics sound adapter from working - settings shows USB PnP Sound Device Driver Unavailable.

OK, I thought, this is a fairly old USB sound stick so no problem I'll buy a new one. A new usb sound device was purchased and I got exactly the same problem.

A call to Microsoft Support failed to really get to the route of the problem but installing Windows 7 drivers for the new sound device worked ok. They suggested that the sound device didn't support Windows 10...

This is a 64 bit AMD processor system. I thought I'd check both the Plantronics USB Device & the new one on a Windows 10 laptop (also 64 bit AMD) They both worked fine!

More calls to Microsoft support with some pretty sketchy results... still no USB PnP drivers working on this system. OK, I thought let me buy some more USB audio devices, perhaps it is a problem. This time going for ones where the suppliers assured me they
    worked with Windows 10 and were supported by Windows 10 and the USB PnP driver.

I now have 5 USB sound devices! All work fine on the laptop and none work on this desktop system - all showing the same error:

Setting: USB PnP Sound Driver Unavailable

Device Manager: Driver not installed. Clicking the Update Driver button fails to find any drivers

I've spoken to several Microsoft tech support people (although I have to say most of them didn't really seem very knowledgeable) & they've run through all the normal things, troubleshooters etc. but found nothing wrong just saying the device doesn't support
    Windows 10.

Clearly the devices do work under Windows 10 and are all supported by the generic USB PnP driver - they work on the laptop ok. All the hardware must work ok on the desktop system because if you install Windows 7/8 drivers everything works ok.

This would seem to be an issue with USB PnP drivers specific to this desktop system...

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Nigel112, Jan 9, 2022
  4. Nigel112 Win User

USB PnP not working

Hi,

OK, many thanks for your help. Unfortunately in this situation it didn't resolve the problem.

I'll try & simplify the issue.

I have a brand new USB Ovleng Q6 Headphone set that work on one Windows 10 system but not on the other..

If I plug them into my laptop with Windows 10 they are discovered correctly & work ok with no additional drivers needed.

- Settings shows Connected devices as 'USB PnP Sound Device'

- Device Manager shows them under Sound, Video and games controllers, USB PnP Sound Device - Loaded driver is Microsoft USB PnP Sound Device dated 09/07/2015 Driver Version 10.0.10240.16384

- Hardware ID's are VID_E4B7&PID_0812

- Everything is good

According to the manufacturer these headphones are compatible with Windows 10 and need no additional drivers - that is certainly true for my laptop Windows 10 install..

If I plug these headphones into the desktop system also with Windows 10. They get sensed ok when I plug them in.

- Settings shows Connected devices as 'USB PnP Sound Device Driver is unavailable'

- Device Manager shows them under Other Devices, USB PnP Sound Device (complete with yellow warning triangle). Device status: Drivers not installed Code 28

- Hardware ID's are VID_E4B7&PID_0812

- Everything isn't ok, the headphones do not work because no drivers have been loaded

If I click on Update Driver/Search Automatically after a little while I get the response 'Windows could not find driver software for your device'.

For these new USB headphones the manufacturer does not supply any drivers because they should be plug & play under Windows 10 & supported by the standard Microsoft USB PnP driver, as they are on the laptop.

Going back & using other older USB PnP sound devices give exactly the same problem. On the laptop they all work fine with no need to install any additional drivers with Windows USB PnP drivers being loaded & used. On the desktop system they are always reported
    as 'Device Driver Unavailable'. But, if you do have an older Windows 7 or Windows 8 driver & manually install that driver all is well and the device works ok.

So I have a brand new pair of headphones that should be natively supported under Windows 10 without any additional drivers. The manufacturer do not supply any additional drivers. They work ok on one Windows 10 system but not on the other because Windows
    USB PnP drivers do not get loaded.

It would seem to me there is an issue with the Windows 10 installation on the desktop in that it does not correctly identify connected USB PnP devices and load the correct (any) driver. I'm just waiting for a USB camara to be delivered , be interesting to
    see if I have the same issue.

Why does USB PnP support not work on the desktop system? How do I fix the problem?

I just want to use these new Ovleng headphones on my desktop system...

Thanks!

Nigel112, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

1. USB pnp not connecting/registering - Similar Threads - USB pnp connecting

2. Usb pnp drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb pnp drive: Hello guys!So I have a USB PnP device. Before I used to store pictures on it, and it worked completeley fine but now I have an issue with it, it does not display as a storage device in my computer anymore. Only as a sound device. Is there any way to fix it? I can't find it...
  3. Usb pnp drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb pnp drive: Hello guys!So I have a USB PnP device. Before I used to store pictures on it, and it worked completeley fine but now I have an issue with it, it does not display as a storage device in my computer anymore. Only as a sound device. Is there any way to fix it? I can't find it...
  4. Usb pnp drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB PnP not being recognized

USB PnP not being recognized: Hi, a few days ago I bought a usb PnP usb to aux device because the aux ports in my pc didn't work, but now my windows wont recognize it even though it did work, and when it does recognize it if I move too hard it disconnects....
  6. USB pnp not connecting/registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB pnp not connecting/registering: When I connect my microphone it shows up and connects and then sometimes it almost immediately gets disconnected even though its still plugged in. When it disconnects my audio cuts out for a split second and then returns. the range of time that the microphone is randomly...
  7. USB pnp not connecting/registering

USB pnp not connecting/registering: When I connect my microphone it shows up and connects and then sometimes it almost immediately gets disconnected even though its still plugged in. When it disconnects my audio cuts out for a split second and then returns. the range of time that the microphone is randomly...
  8. usb pnp mic not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb pnp mic not working: hello everyone i am using usb pnp sound card in which i am not able to use mic i checked with my drivers they are working. please help me to resolve the issue.thanks...
  9. Usb PnP audio device

Usb PnP audio device: I bought a Hama Urage Stream 400 plus microphone, and somehow it makes awful sounds while I speak. It is hardly recognizeable when I listen to it. I tried it with another laptop and it was working just fine. I tried downloading an app called Usb PnP audio device but after...
  10. usb pnp device not connecting to computer using usb cable

usb pnp device not connecting to computer using usb cable: how to get turntable connected by the usb cable to record sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-device-not-connecting-to-computer-using/c511c39a-f4a7-4e28-9358-f41dc0213ecc