Windows 10: USB PnP Sound Device problem

Discus and support USB PnP Sound Device problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have the USB PnP device so I can record to the computer with an aux connection. When I connect the USB device to the computer, it makes an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noam.S, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Noam.S Win User

USB PnP Sound Device problem

Hi, I have the USB PnP device so I can record to the computer with an aux connection. When I connect the USB device to the computer, it makes an annoying buzz noise. Can anyone help?

:)

Noam.S, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Nigel112 Win User

USB PnP not working

This is a Windows 7 desktop system upgraded to Windows 10

Everything worked ok in Windows 7 but upgrading to Windows 10 has stopped a USB Plantronics sound adapter from working - settings shows USB PnP Sound Device Driver Unavailable.

OK, I thought, this is a fairly old USB sound stick so no problem I'll buy a new one. A new usb sound device was purchased and I got exactly the same problem.

A call to Microsoft Support failed to really get to the route of the problem but installing Windows 7 drivers for the new sound device worked ok. They suggested that the sound device didn't support Windows 10...

This is a 64 bit AMD processor system. I thought I'd check both the Plantronics USB Device & the new one on a Windows 10 laptop (also 64 bit AMD) They both worked fine!

More calls to Microsoft support with some pretty sketchy results... still no USB PnP drivers working on this system. OK, I thought let me buy some more USB audio devices, perhaps it is a problem. This time going for ones where the suppliers assured me they
    worked with Windows 10 and were supported by Windows 10 and the USB PnP driver.

I now have 5 USB sound devices! All work fine on the laptop and none work on this desktop system - all showing the same error:

Setting: USB PnP Sound Driver Unavailable

Device Manager: Driver not installed. Clicking the Update Driver button fails to find any drivers

I've spoken to several Microsoft tech support people (although I have to say most of them didn't really seem very knowledgeable) & they've run through all the normal things, troubleshooters etc. but found nothing wrong just saying the device doesn't support
    Windows 10.

Clearly the devices do work under Windows 10 and are all supported by the generic USB PnP driver - they work on the laptop ok. All the hardware must work ok on the desktop system because if you install Windows 7/8 drivers everything works ok.

This would seem to be an issue with USB PnP drivers specific to this desktop system...

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Nigel112, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Nigel112 Win User
    USB PnP not working

Hi,

OK, many thanks for your help. Unfortunately in this situation it didn't resolve the problem.

I'll try & simplify the issue.

I have a brand new USB Ovleng Q6 Headphone set that work on one Windows 10 system but not on the other..

If I plug them into my laptop with Windows 10 they are discovered correctly & work ok with no additional drivers needed.

- Settings shows Connected devices as 'USB PnP Sound Device'

- Device Manager shows them under Sound, Video and games controllers, USB PnP Sound Device - Loaded driver is Microsoft USB PnP Sound Device dated 09/07/2015 Driver Version 10.0.10240.16384

- Hardware ID's are VID_E4B7&PID_0812

- Everything is good

According to the manufacturer these headphones are compatible with Windows 10 and need no additional drivers - that is certainly true for my laptop Windows 10 install..

If I plug these headphones into the desktop system also with Windows 10. They get sensed ok when I plug them in.

- Settings shows Connected devices as 'USB PnP Sound Device Driver is unavailable'

- Device Manager shows them under Other Devices, USB PnP Sound Device (complete with yellow warning triangle). Device status: Drivers not installed Code 28

- Hardware ID's are VID_E4B7&PID_0812

- Everything isn't ok, the headphones do not work because no drivers have been loaded

If I click on Update Driver/Search Automatically after a little while I get the response 'Windows could not find driver software for your device'.

For these new USB headphones the manufacturer does not supply any drivers because they should be plug & play under Windows 10 & supported by the standard Microsoft USB PnP driver, as they are on the laptop.

Going back & using other older USB PnP sound devices give exactly the same problem. On the laptop they all work fine with no need to install any additional drivers with Windows USB PnP drivers being loaded & used. On the desktop system they are always reported
    as 'Device Driver Unavailable'. But, if you do have an older Windows 7 or Windows 8 driver & manually install that driver all is well and the device works ok.

So I have a brand new pair of headphones that should be natively supported under Windows 10 without any additional drivers. The manufacturer do not supply any additional drivers. They work ok on one Windows 10 system but not on the other because Windows
    USB PnP drivers do not get loaded.

It would seem to me there is an issue with the Windows 10 installation on the desktop in that it does not correctly identify connected USB PnP devices and load the correct (any) driver. I'm just waiting for a USB camara to be delivered , be interesting to
    see if I have the same issue.

Why does USB PnP support not work on the desktop system? How do I fix the problem?

I just want to use these new Ovleng headphones on my desktop system...

Thanks!

Nigel112, Dec 8, 2019
  4. USB PnP Sound Device problem

USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

USB PnP Sound Device problem

1. USB PnP Sound Device problem - Similar Threads - USB PnP Sound

2. What is problem code 00000000 for a USB PnP sound device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is problem code 00000000 for a USB PnP sound device.: I just got a microphone,I only have one headphone jack so it’s connected with a usb sound card ,and any audio I record has a real loud ring. I Been searching hours online and threw settings ....
  3. What is problem code 00000000 for a USB PnP sound device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is problem code 00000000 for a USB PnP sound device.: I just got a microphone,I only have one headphone jack so it’s connected with a usb sound card ,and any audio I record has a real loud ring. I Been searching hours online and threw settings ....
  4. What is problem code 00000000 for a USB PnP sound device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB PnP Sound Device missing in Sound Output

USB PnP Sound Device missing in Sound Output: for some reason USB PnP Sound Device does not recognized as sound output and only recognized as microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-sound-device-missing-in-sound-output/cea9bed3-3e6f-4dbc-ba4d-249a6f05a614
  6. USB PnP Sound Device missing in Sound Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP Sound Device missing in Sound Output: for some reason USB PnP Sound Device does not recognized as sound output and only recognized as microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-sound-device-missing-in-sound-output/cea9bed3-3e6f-4dbc-ba4d-249a6f05a614
  7. USB PnP Sound Device missing in Sound Output

8. windows 11 usb pnp sound device

windows 11 usb pnp sound device: i have a usb pnp sound device that works on windows 10 but not in 11 several programs some say compatable some are not but tried 5 so far but no luck tried several tricks updates delete driver turn on mic turn off mic except it everywhere turn it on every where and no luckthe...
  9. The USB PnP Sound Device is disabling itself

The USB PnP Sound Device is disabling itself: Hi, everyone! I'm having a problem with my USb PnP Sound Device. I'm using the MozardX Gaming G1 and it works normally until recently. When i plug the headphone into my laptop, the device is still recognized and the driver is still okay. But the problem is the PnP Speaker...
  10. my -2 usb pnp sound device

my -2 usb pnp sound device: Hello ! Afther the last update for windows 10 my usb sound card has stopped working .. i am using it because my jack's port are fried. Any solutions to make my usb sound card working ? i tried a lot of solutions searching the internet but nothing so far this is why i am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb pnp audio device enhan enhancement