Windows 10: USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10

Discus and support USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently my computer started freezing. I noticed my Dell mouse and keyboard's lights were off. Upon hard reset, the same light going out issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CodyMichael, Dec 14, 2019.

1. USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10

Hello,

Recently my computer started freezing. I noticed my Dell mouse and keyboard's lights were off. Upon hard reset, the same light going out issue occurred quite quickly and Windows displayed a diagnostic screen showing the USB Failure issue and was sending data to the cloud. Even at 100%, the machine never restarted. It was frozen. There was a QR code but I have not been successful in repeating that screen. Now it freezes prior to full boot up and login. This occurred with booting to a safemode with networking as well.

Any guidance in troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cody

:)

CodyMichael, Dec 14, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 14, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 14, 2019
  4. USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10

USB problem

I have difficulty booting up computer at usb ports detecting and I think of my webcam cause it.
    The computer boot screen is having a big delay it freeze for 30 or 60 seconds at the usb scanning step. Sometimes in Windows it says Unknown hardware at windows opening. Could it be my usb ports that begin to sucks or my webcam is having trouble ? (No other usb devices plugged other than wireless usb key for keyboard-mouse combo)

MohawkAngel, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10

1. USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Port failure

2. Usb ports are disabled on Window 7 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb ports are disabled on Window 7 computer: When my windows 7 computer boots all the usb ports are disabled making it impossible to login. I don't have a serial port for a serial keyboard. My back up is corrupted and can't boot from it. How do I fix it?...
  3. Usb ports are disabled on Window 7 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb ports are disabled on Window 7 computer: When my windows 7 computer boots all the usb ports are disabled making it impossible to login. I don't have a serial port for a serial keyboard. My back up is corrupted and can't boot from it. How do I fix it?...
  4. Windows 10 USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 USB port: For some reason Windows 10 now wants my USB port to be formated when I plug in golf watch in. It used to work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-port/e559236d-5232-4580-8760-af1338856b93
  5. Windows 10 USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB port: For some reason Windows 10 now wants my USB port to be formated when I plug in golf watch in. It used to work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-port/e559236d-5232-4580-8760-af1338856b93
  6. Windows 10 USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Help w/ USB Port Reset Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help w/ USB Port Reset Failure: Hi, I apologize if there is a dedicated thread for help questions. I read the about section and didn’t see any limits. I’m getting a “USB port reset failure” code 43 on both of my USB-C ports when connecting a Sceptre E24 Monitor using a USB-C to HDMI cable. I’ve contacted...
  8. USB freezes computer

USB freezes computer: Howdy, Bought some Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 to use as installation for Truenas. When first plugged in they show up normally with Sandisk software. Using Rufus and balinaEtcher to flash the USB to install from it freezes the computer when installed from a boot. When put in while...
  9. vga port recognition, Windows 10 failure

vga port recognition, Windows 10 failure: Before upgrade external monitor on the vga port was recognized. Now the device manager/troubleshooter are useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/vga-port-recognition-windows-10-failure/2f1ce5e5-bdea-4bd9-bbe9-6c269c4c3cef
  10. After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes: After I unplugged lenovo android phone, windows freeze immediately. All I could is reboot. In event viewer all I found is: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...