Windows 10: USB port, faulty maybe??

Discus and support USB port, faulty maybe?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently brought a new HB pavilion, I had to use a external hard drive to get all my pictures from my last machine onto this one. Trouble is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MimHedges, Aug 6, 2018.

1. MimHedges Win User

USB port, faulty maybe??

I have recently brought a new HB pavilion, I had to use a external hard drive to get all my pictures from my last machine onto this one. Trouble is it wont play ball, it just goes bonkers connecting and disconnecting rabidly. The hard drive is the only place these pictures actually are apart from online. I haven't got my old laptop anymore as it had to get written off. How do I sort it out so I can get the pictures off? is there something faulty?

:)

MimHedges, Aug 6, 2018

2. usb port faulty???

my usb port on my windows 10 cannot detect the hard disk i plug in. the usb port seems faulty

SherwinChen, Aug 6, 2018
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB port, faulty maybe?? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 6, 2018
  4. USB port, faulty maybe??

I have a faulty USB Port

How can I fix a faulty USB Drive?

No matter what drive I insert into the USB port, nothing appears.

All the other ports are working fine except one of the front ports. there are no wiring problems I can see, however, I am not a techie.

RichardJenkins1, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

USB port, faulty maybe??

1. USB port, faulty maybe?? - Similar Threads - USB port faulty

2. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  3. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  4. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Usb port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  6. Usb port

Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  7. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  8. USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB PORTS: after installing the latest updates I cant able use my ports i don't why, and I updated all the usb drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports/7acecb8d-d1c5-45f0-89ed-61642cae8471
  9. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  10. usb port faulty???

usb port faulty???: my usb port on my windows 10 cannot detect the hard disk i plug in. the usb port seems faulty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-port-faulty/5e05e936-3417-426e-b107-3a80724b36fd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maybe usb port