Windows 10: USB port issue. Not working

Discus and support USB port issue. Not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, after the last update my USB Port not working. Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NikkiLeonardi, Jan 31, 2019.

1. USB port issue. Not working

Hi, after the last update my USB Port not working. Help

:)

NikkiLeonardi, Jan 31, 2019

2. non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 31, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB port issue. Not working [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 31, 2019
  4. USB port issue. Not working

USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

USB port issue. Not working

1. USB port issue. Not working - Similar Threads - USB port issue

2. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  3. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  4. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. USB port issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  6. USB port issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  7. USB port issues

8. USB port not work

USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  9. Issues with usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with usb port: it keeps saying that is is not recognized and i cant figure out if its cuz of the software or if its a physical problem in the computer, send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-usb-port/f9a2b8bc-7b05-49c0-9ff4-c7bf39a7ef4c
  10. Issues with usb port

Issues with usb port: it keeps saying that is is not recognized and i cant figure out if its cuz of the software or if its a physical problem in the computer, send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-usb-port/f9a2b8bc-7b05-49c0-9ff4-c7bf39a7ef4c