Windows 10: Usb port malfunction

Discus and support Usb port malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get one if my ports to work. I have a lenovo all-in-one desktop. The back ports work fine. When I plug a usb into the bottom side port it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zpwl, May 26, 2019.

1. zpwl Win User

Usb port malfunction

I can't get one if my ports to work. I have a lenovo all-in-one desktop. The back ports work fine. When I plug a usb into the bottom side port it works. As soon as I plug in something to the top side usb port, the bottom one quits as well as the top one not working. I have tried to update the drivers and completely wipe the computer to factory setting. Any other tricks to get it to work?

:)

2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Usb port malfunction [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 26, 2019
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Power Surge on the USB port?

Hi Bob,

When a user tried uninstalling the USB drivers, it usually installs itself again when the computer restarts. It is a fact that most of the Mouse and Keyboard nowadays are connected using USB connection instead of their traditional PS/2 port. We suggest that
    you visit the link provided and follow the steps provided:
    USB has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of it's hub Port , you should disconnect the device

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, May 26, 2019
  4. jjtyler Win User

Usb port malfunction

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Usb port malfunction

1. Usb port malfunction - Similar Threads - Usb port malfunction

2. Windows Update KB5004342 & KB5012643 causes USB-C port malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5004342 & KB5012643 causes USB-C port malfunction: This recent windows update of KB5004342 & KB5012643 causes prompt of "USB device you connected to this computer is malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it" to popup when a device is connected to my laptop USB-C ports. Firstly, I have tried uninstalling the USB drivers...
  3. Windows Update KB5004342 & KB5012643 causes USB-C port malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB5004342 & KB5012643 causes USB-C port malfunction: This recent windows update of KB5004342 & KB5012643 causes prompt of "USB device you connected to this computer is malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it" to popup when a device is connected to my laptop USB-C ports. Firstly, I have tried uninstalling the USB drivers...
  4. USB drive malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive malfunction: i put my usb into the slot and it says the usb device malfunctioned and is not recognized, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-malfunction/c905a709-f621-4fdb-9726-f1d4cc8e37bc
  5. USB Dongle Malfunctioning

USB Dongle Malfunctioning: Hi, I have a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard bundle 2000. When I plug it into the computer, it gives me this message: USB Device not recognized. What can I do it fix this?...
  6. USB port "malfunction"

USB port "malfunction": I have an HP 15-bs060; my USB port won't recognize anything I plug in. It always says the last device I plugged in "malfuctioned and Windows doesnt recognize this device." I'm trying to upload pics off my phone to clear up space, tried my back-up laptop too and get same...
  7. USB Device Malfunction

USB Device Malfunction: Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that...
  8. USB Ports on Front of Computer Malfunctioning/Crosslinked

USB Ports on Front of Computer Malfunctioning/Crosslinked: I'm running Windows 10 1703. I've attached all my system information, which I gathered due to a recent BSOD problem I was having. That seems to have been resolved - issue between Nvidia drivers and Firefox Quantum. However, I've been having another problem for a few months...
  9. USB port malfunction on fresh install 9926/10041

USB port malfunction on fresh install 9926/10041: hi all, after fresh install windows 10 9926 or 10041, my usb port can't work properly. to be exact, when i try to install my wifi adapter (tp-link), even the installation take too long, and end up fail. then using other tp-link model adapter, the driver successfully install...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...