Windows 10: USB Port Mouse Malfuntion

Discus and support USB Port Mouse Malfuntion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Acer Laptop windows 10, started a microsoft update yesterday and my usb ports won't reconigze my mouse when inserted. It notifies me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Val_1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Val_1 Win User

USB Port Mouse Malfuntion

I have a Acer Laptop windows 10, started a microsoft update yesterday and my usb ports won't reconigze my mouse when inserted. It notifies me that theres a malfunction but my mouse works on a different device. What can I do to fix this?

:)

Val_1, Jan 9, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB Port Mouse Malfuntion [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 9, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 9, 2019
  4. mafia97 Win User

USB ports giving problem

my bios and driver are up to date then i checked those tips lnk u gave
    i checked the device manager there no enhanced word in any of listed ports
    but my mobo is usb 2.0 supporting
    and instead of 8 i have 12 ports active (brackets came with mobo for extra usb)
    my mouse and keyboard are ps/2 one

mafia97, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Port Mouse Malfuntion - Similar Threads - USB Port Mouse

2. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  5. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  6. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  7. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  8. USB Mouse Ports No Longer Regonize Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse Ports No Longer Regonize Mouse: I have tried both front and back USB ports and now with a new mouse. System does not see mouse and have no cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-ports-no-longer-regonize-mouse/6cdeaa71-53c0-452b-943a-84190ac4a2ab
  9. Usb hub malfuntion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Usb hub malfuntion: my usb ports aren't working at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-hub-malfuntion/aeb61bc6-be6a-4421-b8a9-cd5c32b8efd6
  10. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if usb mouse malfuntion