Windows 10: USB port not recognising devices

Discus and support USB port not recognising devices in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AmyK_369, Jun 10, 2022.

1. AmyK_369 Win User

USB port not recognising devices

Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No sounds or notifications and nothing comes up in file explorer. I've tried multiple USBs in it, including a mouse, and none work so I know it is not an issue with any of the USBs. I also have two USB-C ports that are both still working. I have restarted and even completely reset the laptop in hopes of restoring to default settings in case something had changed for whatever reason, but the problem persists. I have searched online for solutions in

:)

AmyK_369, Jun 10, 2022
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB port not recognising devices [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jun 10, 2022
  3. J.R5 Win User
    USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP ( It is recognising Xbox one controller and phone charger)

Thanks for the reply, It is much appreciated.

• I tried Safe boot (no luck)
    • All updates are fine.

All devices work in the second port. It just seems to be that 1 port that only recognises the xbox box controller and phone.

It just wont pick up mouse or keyboard. I'm going to try and see if any external drives will be picked up.

I could just buy USB splitter for the port that's recognising everything , but the problems really racking my brains.

I know that if it was a USB hardware issue , nothing wold be getting picked up at all.

The keyboard worked in the port for a day then just stopped recognising it.

4. scopio Win User

USB not recognised after years using it.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    Uninstalling USB Device and booting up and reconnecting the Xpress USB flush drive did not work it was still not recognised on any of the 6 USB 2.0 or on any of the 7 ports on the USB 3.0 hub, although it is recognised on other pc. I am now transferring the data to another USB drive before I format the Xpress and see if it is recognised again in the original pc.

scopio, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

1. USB port not recognising devices - Similar Threads - USB port recognising

2. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  3. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  4. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  5. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  6. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

"USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  7. USB port not recognising devices

USB port not recognising devices: Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No sounds or notifications and nothing comes up in file explorer. I've tried multiple USBs in it, including a mouse, and none work so...
  8. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb device not recognised: hi my laptop keeps beeping and its telling me the last usb i plugged in malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognise it so i should try and plug it in again however i dont have the usb anymore....
  9. USB Device Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  10. USB Device Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...