Windows 10: USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

Discus and support USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sarfarazkhan1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10.

From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive.

If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind.

I have checked and I have the latest windows update installed and I have the updated drivers too.

Also I have reset my pc but to no use.

Please help!!

:)

sarfarazkhan1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 17, 2019
  3. usb not recognized

Hello Ethan,

The USB port may have stopped responding after you remove or insert a USB device. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device. Aside from the troubleshooting steps you’ve performed, you can also scan the Device Manager for
    hardware changes. Follow the steps below:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • Click the Action tab.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes and follow the prompts to reinstall the missing driver.
    • Check the USB device if it is already working.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jan 17, 2019
  4. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

1. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse - Similar Threads - USB Port recognizing

2. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  3. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. usb port not detecting mouse

usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  7. USB mouse not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse not recognized: Yesterday when I woke up my wired usb mouse, the "razer mamba elite" could no longer stay connected to my laptop, the dell G7 7590, I've tried many fixes but none seemed to permanently work. I've reinstalled the usb root hub through the device manager, disabled selective...
  8. All USB Ports not recognized

All USB Ports not recognized: Occasionally when using my computer all USB devices just stop working. I can't move my mouse, I can't use my keyboard, I lose connection to the internet. The only way I've found to fix it is to just turn off my computer and reboot it. But then after a while, it just does it...
  9. USB Port not recognizing device

USB Port not recognizing device: I have an HP Revolve 810 Elitebook. One of the two usb ports will recognize a thumbdrive but not my plantronics head set. I can't seem to find where to do any troubleshooting on the usb port. The headset works on another computer just fine, is recognized and configured...
  10. memory card port/ usb ports not recognized

memory card port/ usb ports not recognized: I have been having issues when trying to upload or move files, pics, anything from a memory card and my USB ports. some show on one of the usb ports but not all the time. HELP....FRUSTRATED...