Windows 10: USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10

Discus and support USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to use a usb flash drive for the first time on my new 2&1 RCA laptop with Windows 10 and my laptop doesn't recognize it at all and Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sharpwayne, Jan 16, 2019.

1. USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10

I'm trying to use a usb flash drive for the first time on my new 2&1 RCA laptop with Windows 10 and my laptop doesn't recognize it at all and Cortana is not helping me. It just refers me to a third party website for help and they don't. Please help me with this problem. Thanks.

:)

Sharpwayne, Jan 16, 2019

2. USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 16, 2019
  3. jjtyler Win User
    USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jan 16, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10

1. USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB port working

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows

Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows: So, when i start my pc and go to my bios all my Usb ports work, but when i go to windows they stop working. Every usb port still hast power but there is no data transfer. Like written above only the Usb 3.2 Gen 1 ports work fully. I have upgraded my power supply and...
  6. Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows: So, when i start my pc and go to my bios all my Usb ports work, but when i go to windows they stop working. Every usb port still hast power but there is no data transfer. Like written above only the Usb 3.2 Gen 1 ports work fully. I have upgraded my power supply and...
  7. USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2: Hi, It already happened to me several times - sometimes, a USB device that worked fine on USB1 (just a name of a USB port), stops working on this port, and when I connect this same device to another 'new' USB port, it works. I happened to me with a DisplayLink docking...
  8. 2 HDMI ports only 1 works

2 HDMI ports only 1 works: Intel i7-9700F @ 3GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti I have one Monitor hooked up works fine and I'm attempting to hook up a 2nd monitor to the 2nd HDMI display port on the PC yet NOTHING happens. Both HDMI cables and Both Monitors work when using the initial...
  9. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  10. USB 2 port not working

USB 2 port not working: The USB 2 port on my HP Pavillion laptop doesn't work; Device Manager doesn't recognize the port but there is power at the port and it will run a charger. The MS USB Troubleshooter responds with, "The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed." I've...