Windows 10: USB port randomly crash

Discus and support USB port randomly crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, The problem: So i have started encoutering this weired promblem, where when im in a game, my USB ports will crash, so i cant use my Keybord,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Lund, Jun 18, 2019.

1. USB port randomly crash

Hi,

The problem:

So i have started encoutering this weired promblem, where when im in a game, my USB ports will crash, so i cant use my Keybord, mouse or Headset. The game (and netflix on my second screen) will 8/10 times continue to run. And if im on Disord, I can stil see when my mates are talking in the overlay. I just cant press/do anything with my mouse and keybord or hear anythiong in my headset. I have only tried this occuring while I was not in a game once, otherwise only when im in a game, epecially just as im loading in to a map, both with and without anything running on my second screen. 9 out of 10 times I have to reboot the system, befor USB devices work again. Some times after 1-2 minuets Its like the USB port kick back in and I get the sound when you plug in a USB device.

When it happens, I have noticed that when I pull out and replug in my keayboard, it dosent ligth up again even though it was before, when the error had occured, until i reboot the system.

the PC is from late 2016 and its only with in the last 3-4 months i started encountering this problem.

What I have look into and tried:

- CPU has ben running at bout 70-100% usage at 40-50 C* degrees when this happens.

- There are no events logged in the windows security and maintenace logger under controlpanel

- I have updated all USB drivers

- Malwarebytes Last run (17.06.2019)

- I have tried unchecking the "turn of USB to save power" in the USB driver settings.

- I have noticed that it looks like im getting a reoccuring error evnet "LiveKernalEvent" kode 144 - but that relates to the GPU as far as i can read?

PC specs:

i5-6600k (not overclocked) (water cooled)

16 GB DDR4 ram

GTX 1070 (updated 17.06.2019)

Asus z170 Pro Gamning MB

I have a feeling that the problem stems from 1 of 3 reasons (but im not sure!):

- CPU running af full capacity

- USB hardware error

- Malware or virus

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve the problem or things i can do to get a better idea what is causing this problem, I would greatly appreciate the advice.

:)

Chris Lund, Jun 18, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB port randomly crash [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jun 18, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

USB port randomly crash

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

USB port randomly crash

1. USB port randomly crash - Similar Threads - USB port randomly

2. USB port randomly unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port randomly unplugged: My USB port often disconnects suddenly, but reconnects immediately. Initially, I thought my mouse or keyboard was faulty, but it turns out the USB port is the issue. Suddenly, my mouse or keyboard goes dead for 1 to 2 seconds, which is quite frustrating. I have tried various...
  3. USB port randomly unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port randomly unplugged: My USB port often disconnects suddenly, but reconnects immediately. Initially, I thought my mouse or keyboard was faulty, but it turns out the USB port is the issue. Suddenly, my mouse or keyboard goes dead for 1 to 2 seconds, which is quite frustrating. I have tried various...
  4. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  5. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  6. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Random Key Disabled USB Ports.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Key Disabled USB Ports.: So My KeyboardBuilt-In laptop came out, So when I was pushing it in, I pressed a lot of keys. I exactly don't know what the key was, but then my all USB Ports got disabled, and yeah, restarting it does enables it, but I really want to know what's those key commands....
  8. USB Ports Randomly Disconnect

USB Ports Randomly Disconnect: Hello All,Devices that I plug into my USB ports namely flash drives, two different brands randomly disconnect, and after a week of trying everything I can think of....I´m out of ideas. Every time I hear the three tones that Windows makes when a device is disconnected, I want...
  9. USB ports randomly stop working

USB ports randomly stop working: I use my laptop, and randomly, all my USB ports just stop working. I end up having to restart my computer to fix the problem, but after that, it is only a little bit before the USB ports stop functioning. Also when I go into device manager and try to disable/enable any...
  10. Some USB Ports Crash

Some USB Ports Crash: Hey guys, My USB devices disconnect and reconnect and sometimes some of my USB ports stop working after on the back of my motherboard since a Windows 10 update. It seems to be an error related to USB 3.0, but it occurs both on my USB expansion card, on my front USB ports,...