Windows 10: USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019

Discus and support USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About 3 months ago my USB port stopped working. USB drivers are current, not sure what else to do. Was told that the USB port could not be replaced.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhyllisLevy, Jun 16, 2021.

1. USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019

About 3 months ago my USB port stopped working. USB drivers are current, not sure what else to do. Was told that the USB port could not be replaced.

:)

PhyllisLevy, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jun 16, 2021
  3. smounce Win User
    USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Jun 16, 2021
  4. flamer Win User

USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019

1. USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019 - Similar Threads - USB port stopped

2. USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Odyssey laptop with Windows 10 and all of its USB ports stopped working after a sudden blue screen error a few days ago.I've already tried A LOT of solutions that I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me.In Device Manager >...
  3. USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Odyssey laptop with Windows 10 and all of its USB ports stopped working after a sudden blue screen error a few days ago.I've already tried A LOT of solutions that I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me.In Device Manager >...
  4. USB Ports stop working

USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  5. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  6. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. usb ports stopped working

usb ports stopped working: I am using a Dell all in one desktop with windows 10. I have 6 usb ports and 4 have stopped detecting any devices. The 2 that are working have the mouse and keyboard attached. If I unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug back in they are detected. If I plug the mouse or...
  8. USB ports stopped working

USB ports stopped working: Three of the four USB ports on my Intel nuc8i3bek stopped working reliably, all of a sudden. They will occasionally all work for a couple of minutes (at the same time), then go on and off about once per second for a couple minutes, then stop working again. I have tried, to...
  9. USB port stopped working

USB port stopped working: I am having a problem with one of my USB 3.0 ports on my HP laptop. The port was working fine until I accidentally moved my flash drive which was plugged into the port. At that point the flash drive lost connection & that USB port has failed to recognize any flash drives that...
  10. usb port stopped working

usb port stopped working: my usb ports stopped working after i rolled back window update 1809 to 1709 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-stopped-working/5107a9ed-05b9-4518-a5e8-f72dc3450adb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft surface laptop 3 usb port not working

2. surface book usb ports