Windows 10: USB port stopped working

Discus and support USB port stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a problem with one of my USB 3.0 ports on my HP laptop. The port was working fine until I accidentally moved my flash drive which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricWatterson, Dec 18, 2018.

1. USB port stopped working

I am having a problem with one of my USB 3.0 ports on my HP laptop. The port was working fine until I accidentally moved my flash drive which was plugged into the port. At that point the flash drive lost connection & that USB port has failed to recognize any flash drives that I plug into it. I tried some of the basic troubleshooting like uninstalling & reinstalling the drivers & running the troubleshooter, but I have had no luck so far.

Any help I can get to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

:)

EricWatterson, Dec 18, 2018
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Dec 18, 2018
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB port stopped working [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 18, 2018
  4. USB port stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Johnny andre, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

USB port stopped working

1. USB port stopped working - Similar Threads - USB port stopped

2. USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Odyssey laptop with Windows 10 and all of its USB ports stopped working after a sudden blue screen error a few days ago.I've already tried A LOT of solutions that I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me.In Device Manager >...
  3. USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Odyssey laptop with Windows 10 and all of its USB ports stopped working after a sudden blue screen error a few days ago.I've already tried A LOT of solutions that I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me.In Device Manager >...
  4. USB Ports stop working

USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  5. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  6. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. usb ports stopped working

usb ports stopped working: I am using a Dell all in one desktop with windows 10. I have 6 usb ports and 4 have stopped detecting any devices. The 2 that are working have the mouse and keyboard attached. If I unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug back in they are detected. If I plug the mouse or...
  8. USB ports stopped working

USB ports stopped working: Three of the four USB ports on my Intel nuc8i3bek stopped working reliably, all of a sudden. They will occasionally all work for a couple of minutes (at the same time), then go on and off about once per second for a couple minutes, then stop working again. I have tried, to...
  9. usb port stopped working

usb port stopped working: my usb ports stopped working after i rolled back window update 1809 to 1709 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-stopped-working/5107a9ed-05b9-4518-a5e8-f72dc3450adb
  10. usb ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb ports stopped working: my usb ports stopped working on the front of my pc, the rear ones work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/usb-ports-stopped-working/2e5cac25-f69e-4334-94a4-a4d7b0b7c881