Windows 10: USB port type

Discus and support USB port type in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I find out if my USB port is 2.0 or 3.0 on my Asus windows 10 laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maha1965, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Maha1965 Win User

USB port type

How do I find out if my USB port is 2.0 or 3.0 on my Asus windows 10 laptop?

:)

Maha1965, Nov 20, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB port type [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB port type [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB port type [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB port type [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

USB port type

USB ports failed

Hi,

To fully isolate where this problem is coming from, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting the peripheral devices to another computer to check if they will function?
    • How old is the laptop?

You can find additional things to try to fix USB port problems on this
    page.

We also suggest you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    in Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and see if it will find any problems.

Keep us updated about the issue.

Ruz San, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

USB port type

1. USB port type - Similar Threads - USB port type

2. USB Type A ports not working after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Type A ports not working after updating to Windows 11: Hi, since updating to Windows 11 Dell Latitude 3410 my USB Type A ports have stopped working Power and Data transfer. My Type-C port works fine. I've tried literally every single thing suggested on the forums and many other websites You name it I've tried it to no avail....
  3. Usb Type-C ports not working Dell Inspiron Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Type-C ports not working Dell Inspiron Laptop: After some updates in Windows Update and SupportAssist, all of my usb ports don't work anymore. It does not power, not detect any device. Tried all the solution I found like clean install of Window, update/unistall driver,... But still not work!Any idea?...
  4. Ethernet, Simcard slot and Type C USB port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet, Simcard slot and Type C USB port not working: Hello everyone. I'm using HP Elitebook folio g3, it came with simcardslot with type C USB port , but non of those is working . Recently i wanted using Lan ethernet , i went and bought Lan to USB adapter but it wasn't working even when i had install the driver needed. Pls, i...
  5. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  6. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  7. Charging with usb type c port

Charging with usb type c port: I'm trying to find out if it is possible to charge my vivobook S532F S15 using the usb type c port,I have the the power cable an the PD wall adapter. If so what worked for others? please list any software or hardware you think i might be missing.. thanks for your response.....
  8. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  9. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  10. NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller Error?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller Error?: Does any know what this yellow exclamation point by the NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller is? How do I get rid of it? The LED’s on my GPU will randomly shut off and my PC will chime as if a USB cable is being plugged in and/or removed. This is very frustrating and I...