Windows 10: USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

Discus and support USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 90% of the time, my laptop plays an audible error sound every second or two and the usb port symbol flashes in the bottom right panel. When I adjust... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emma Coote, Sep 26, 2022.

1. USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

90% of the time, my laptop plays an audible error sound every second or two and the usb port symbol flashes in the bottom right panel. When I adjust the laptop screen this can change the alert to either return or sometimes briefly disappear.I have noticed that my laptop camera is also affected by this - "we cannot find your camera"I have completed the updates that were recommended to me, and I expect this may be a hardware fault of some kind. Is there anything I can do to be sure?The laptop is a Porsche Design Ultra One, and I have no idea how I would get support from them.

:)

Emma Coote, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

USB Ports Not Working

Hi Jemjames,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 26, 2022
  3. USB Ports Not Working

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Have you tried suggestions provided by Hamilton Apolinario?
    If not, please re-install Windows 10 and check the status. If the issue still persists, I suggest you to get the hardware diagnostic done from the manufacturer.

Step 1: Download the Windows 10 ISO (using another computer so you can use USB ports to transfer files)

Refer to the article below and download Windows 10 ISO using Media Creation Tool.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Make a USB flash drive bootable

Refer to the article to download Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to transfer ISO to USB flash drive to make it bootable device.

Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

Important: Ensure there is no data in USB flash drive before making it bootable device. If you have any data, back it up accordingly.

Disclaimer: Please keep a backup of your data in case of loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

USB ports not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

1. USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel - Similar Threads - USB port works

2. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  3. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  4. USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel: 90% of the time, my laptop plays an audible error sound every second or two and the usb port symbol flashes in the bottom right panel. When I adjust the laptop screen this can change the alert to either return or sometimes briefly disappear.I have noticed that my laptop...
  5. USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB port works **** in noise sounding every second, with usb icon flash in lower panel: 90% of the time, my laptop plays an audible error sound every second or two and the usb port symbol flashes in the bottom right panel. When I adjust the laptop screen this can change the alert to either return or sometimes briefly disappear.I have noticed that my laptop...
  6. USB ports not working

USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  7. USB port not work

USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  8. USB Ports disconnecting every 5 minutes for 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Ports disconnecting every 5 minutes for 5 seconds.: So ever since i updated my windows a few days ago, my usb ports which has my headset, keyboard and mouse connected to it disconnects for 5 seconds then connects itself back and this occurs every 5 minutes. I have tried every method of leaving usb ports running when pc is on...
  9. USB ports , drivers and Flash Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB ports , drivers and Flash Player: I have lost two drivers (or usb ports) and am unable to use flash player . These incidents have all happened right after a Windows 10 update. Not sure what to do...
  10. 'USB device not recognized' flashes every 10 seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'USB device not recognized' flashes every 10 seconds.: hello, i have got the acer laptop with windows 10 per-installed. the laptops was working fine and i had no problem with it. then i got a major update. i used a usb mouse and when i disconnect the mouse the message started to flash saying 'USb device not recognized' making...