Windows 10: USB PORT

Discus and support USB PORT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I USED TO PLUG MY MP3 PLAYER INTO ONE OF TWO USD PORTS ON THE FRONT OF MY TOWER AND IT WOULD AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR IN FILE EXPLORER. IT NO LONGER DOES... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandraBoutelle, Dec 2, 2018.

1. USB PORT

I USED TO PLUG MY MP3 PLAYER INTO ONE OF TWO USD PORTS ON THE FRONT OF MY TOWER AND IT WOULD AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR IN FILE EXPLORER. IT NO LONGER DOES THAT. IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE EMAIL ME AT *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

SandraBoutelle, Dec 2, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB PORT [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB PORT [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB PORT [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB PORT [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 2, 2018
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

USB PORT

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

USB PORT

1. USB PORT - Similar Threads - USB PORT

2. powerwave 4 port usb issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powerwave 4 port usb issue: I just purchased the powerwave 4 port usb as my current laptop has only one USB port. It has been working just fine, absolutely no issue. I used it last night as I did some homework. But it has suddenly stopped working. It’s not being detected or it is but the keyboard and...
  3. powerwave 4 port usb issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powerwave 4 port usb issue: I just purchased the powerwave 4 port usb as my current laptop has only one USB port. It has been working just fine, absolutely no issue. I used it last night as I did some homework. But it has suddenly stopped working. It’s not being detected or it is but the keyboard and...
  4. How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?: I recently got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 64bit. I play some video games on my PC and want to use my Xbox controller which I have used before on my old hard drive with no problems. Since getting the new hard drive and installing windows 10, I plug in my...
  5. How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?

How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?: I recently got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 64bit. I play some video games on my PC and want to use my Xbox controller which I have used before on my old hard drive with no problems. Since getting the new hard drive and installing windows 10, I plug in my...
  6. How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  8. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  9. Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports: I've just had a power outage a couple hours ago and my pc is now stuck in what I assume to be an infinite windows boot loop, based off previous information from a technician. The pc itself spins up fine but doesn't deliver any output to my monitors and won't accept USB...
  10. Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent boot loop with no access to USB ports: I've just had a power outage a couple hours ago and my pc is now stuck in what I assume to be an infinite windows boot loop, based off previous information from a technician. The pc itself spins up fine but doesn't deliver any output to my monitors and won't accept USB...