Windows 10: USB Portable Optical Drive not working

Discus and support USB Portable Optical Drive not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I recently got a USB Portable Optical Drive, but it's not working.I plug it into my pc with a drive inside and an F drive pops up. I select it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MiloMB, Jan 27, 2023.

1. MiloMB Win User

USB Portable Optical Drive not working

Hi,I recently got a USB Portable Optical Drive, but it's not working.I plug it into my pc with a drive inside and an F drive pops up. I select it and it shows the Windows green loading bar for 5 mins, before the device's light turns off and it has to be unplugged and plugged in to turn on again.When I try to open it using VLC or similar, that program crashes.What do I do?

:)

MiloMB, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

USB Portable Optical Drive not working 264148d1579727363t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-12-.png

USB Portable Optical Drive not working 264149d1579727409t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-10-.png

USB Portable Optical Drive not working 264150d1579727247t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-11-.png

Jerry8A, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Windows 10 lists my OEM optical drive as a portable device in device manager

So this is odd, the drive is detected, it works in as much as existing games can be played but other than listing the optical drive as a portable device it doesn't list it in disc management and won't play standard DVDs as it insists I don't have a DVD
    drive. Can anyone help?

JuliusCorto, Jan 27, 2023
  4. USB Portable Optical Drive not working

USB Optical Drive- not reading

Hi, I have an ASUS X200CA, and it's now my only device, so I bought a Portable Optical Drive for burning CDs.

When I plug it into the computer, the Drive turns on and makes noise like it's reading the disc, but nothing whatsoever happens on the computer to indicate there's a device plugged in. I've tried all the usb ports, and I changed the power settings for reading
    USBs so that it doesn't save power.

What else can I do to get this to work?

Thanks!

GabieVogel, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

USB Portable Optical Drive not working

1. USB Portable Optical Drive not working - Similar Threads - USB Portable Optical

2. USB Portable Optical Drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Portable Optical Drive not working: Hi,I recently got a USB Portable Optical Drive, but it's not working.I plug it into my pc with a drive inside and an F drive pops up. I select it and it shows the Windows green loading bar for 5 mins, before the device's light turns off and it has to be unplugged and plugged...
  3. USB not working on a portable speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not working on a portable speaker: Assalam o Alaikum and Hello!I just bought a portable speaker to use in my class. But the problem is it is working fine when it is connected with laptop, it is even detecting USB, but unable to play the music that is there on USB. The same thing happens when i am trying to...
  4. USB not working on a portable speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not working on a portable speaker: Assalam o Alaikum and Hello!I just bought a portable speaker to use in my class. But the problem is it is working fine when it is connected with laptop, it is even detecting USB, but unable to play the music that is there on USB. The same thing happens when i am trying to...
  5. usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10: usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10the drive is for XP so probably I need a driver for Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portable-diskette-drive-doesnt-work-with-win10/7044a3eb-bf76-48b7-a10f-db5d7964c7f9
  6. usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10: usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10the drive is for XP so probably I need a driver for Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portable-diskette-drive-doesnt-work-with-win10/7044a3eb-bf76-48b7-a10f-db5d7964c7f9
  7. usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. portable hard drive to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable hard drive to USB: I have a portable hard drive and I am using a USB sync and charge cable. It lights up and flashes but doesn't show in File Explorer. It shows in Devices and printers but can't access it. Tried each USB port and on 2 laptops. Any advice please...
  9. usb portable diskette drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb portable diskette drive: I would like to know why I am not able to load the driver for the usb portable diskette drive. I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portable-diskette-drive/3b187512-2e68-4bf3-82c3-3923fe7aa6bc"
  10. USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive: my computer tells me it is connected but It will not pull up the contents of the hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-30-portable-hard-drive/6d81eff8-30de-4c8c-af1b-a320eff49697