Windows 10: USB ports and bluetooth disabled

Discus and support USB ports and bluetooth disabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lis011, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Lis011 Win User

USB ports and bluetooth disabled

2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the methods I tried ;-redownload driver for bluetooth-restore system-redownloaded chipset-reinstall windows-factory reset laptopHowever, still results in nothing. The laptop is brand new, only 4-5 months old.It would help so much if anyone could direct me, as this is a very important work laptop.

:)

Lis011, Apr 2, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Disable a USB Port

Hi Eduardo

Disabling that USB Port, may also disable any ports beside it, do you have USB ports on another part of your PC?

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

At the bottom of the device list, expand the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' section

How many devices have 'Hub' in the name, is there more than 1?

If so, right click one f those, then choose Properties and choose the Driver tab, is there an option to disable that there?

If that is the wrong hub, re-enable that and move to the next hub device, until you find the one for that USB port . . .

DaveM121, Apr 2, 2023
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports and bluetooth disabled 47717d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-1.jpg

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB ports and bluetooth disabled 47718d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-2.jpg

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB ports and bluetooth disabled 47719d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-3.jpg

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB ports and bluetooth disabled 47720d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-4.jpg

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Apr 2, 2023
  4. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

USB ports and bluetooth disabled

1. USB ports and bluetooth disabled - Similar Threads - USB ports bluetooth

2. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  3. KB5015807 disabled two usb ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5015807 disabled two usb ports: After pushing off 2022-06 because it broke ICS. I finally updated to 2022-07 because it fixes the ICS issue and now two of my usb ports that I had my keyboard and mouse connected to do not work. What is going on over there? This is getting insane! Will the next update just...
  4. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  5. Bluetooth & USB ports not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth & USB ports not working.: Hi all. I have an issue on my windows 10 desktop. I was having problems updating to a newer version of Windows 10, it kept rolling back at around 70% and I thought it may have been a driver issue so stupidly I used driver booster software to update all my drivers and it...
  6. How to disable remaining usb ports?

How to disable remaining usb ports?: I want to have a shortcut be able to block access te new usb devices but I don't want to loose access to my current connected devices like my mouse and keyboard.Is there a way to do this in Windows so that no drivers are loaded but the device is still receiving power through...
  7. Random Key Disabled USB Ports.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Key Disabled USB Ports.: So My KeyboardBuilt-In laptop came out, So when I was pushing it in, I pressed a lot of keys. I exactly don't know what the key was, but then my all USB Ports got disabled, and yeah, restarting it does enables it, but I really want to know what's those key commands....
  8. DISABLE USB PORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISABLE USB PORT: HI, I FOOLISHLY DISABLED USB PORT OPTION FROM BIOS NOW NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR MOUSE IS WORKING PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-usb-port/0ed72132-5610-414c-b7cf-ed6add623b1c
  9. Disable a USB Port

Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  10. Update disabled USB Ports.

Update disabled USB Ports.: Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the...