Windows 10: USB ports, and dvd drive

Discus and support USB ports, and dvd drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a hp 15 laptop. as soon as the warranty expired the dvd player/burner quite working. it says insert disk and when I put an disk it, it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by captain ron_56, Aug 25, 2019.

1. USB ports, and dvd drive

I have a hp 15 laptop. as soon as the warranty expired the dvd player/burner quite working. it says insert disk and when I put an disk it, it does not spin to read it , it just says no disk. The next problem it has is I have a 8 in one card reader that I`ve used many times and now will not show it anywhere , does not give any error codes, its like it`s not there. Then the 3rd problem is my android phone will not connect any longer, I`ve tried many different cords and it just does not even register that the phone is there. Now its doing the same thing with my GoPro camera, it does not show it anywhere or say any error codes like it does not exist. Also I have prime video and now I can not even watch anything on prime with chrome, will not let me in to watch on my account.

:)

captain ron_56, Aug 25, 2019

2. USB Ports Not Working

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Have you tried suggestions provided by Hamilton Apolinario?
    If not, please re-install Windows 10 and check the status. If the issue still persists, I suggest you to get the hardware diagnostic done from the manufacturer.

Step 1: Download the Windows 10 ISO (using another computer so you can use USB ports to transfer files)

Refer to the article below and download Windows 10 ISO using Media Creation Tool.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Make a USB flash drive bootable

Refer to the article to download Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to transfer ISO to USB flash drive to make it bootable device.

Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

Important: Ensure there is no data in USB flash drive before making it bootable device. If you have any data, back it up accordingly.

Disclaimer: Please keep a backup of your data in case of loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 25, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports, and dvd drive [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

USB ports, and dvd drive

Issues using external USB DVD R/RW drive on Surface Pro (5) Win 10

Hi,

Connecting an external DVD drive to devices requires intensive power. The USB port you are connecting it to may not be able to sustain the drive, resulting to the problem you are experiencing. We suggest you try connecting the drive to the USB 3.0 port on
    your Surface, or plug in the Surface to a power source as you connect and use the DVD drive.

Let us know if the suggestions work.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

USB ports, and dvd drive

1. USB ports, and dvd drive - Similar Threads - USB ports dvd

2. External USB DVD drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB DVD drive not recognised: I have a Lenovo ideapad 3 Slim 3 15" running Windows 11 with all uppdates and I have just purchased a external USB DVD drive so I can load my Flight Simulator. However, the DVD is not recognised anywhere. How do I get the DVD drive to work?...
  3. External USB DVD drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB DVD drive not recognised: I have a Lenovo ideapad 3 Slim 3 15" running Windows 11 with all uppdates and I have just purchased a external USB DVD drive so I can load my Flight Simulator. However, the DVD is not recognised anywhere. How do I get the DVD drive to work?...
  4. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  5. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  6. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop DVD & USB combo drive?

Desktop DVD & USB combo drive?: Hi, I'm looking for a DVD drive with USB ports on it for my desktop. Or, a drive that will fit into the DVD slot that has USB ports? Thank you! =) - Red. 179372
  8. USB 3.0 Drive is Not Working on USB 2.0 Ports

USB 3.0 Drive is Not Working on USB 2.0 Ports: I have kesu usb 3.0 scsi disk device which is working on USB 3.0 ports on my computer but not in USB 2.0 ports. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-30-drive-is-not-working-on-usb-20-ports/6fa122ce-990c-4ac8-ab92-0c456be0acaa
  9. External USB DVD Drive Disappears

External USB DVD Drive Disappears: I am running Windows 10. I have an external USB DVD Drive, which when I plug into a USB port, is recognised by File Manager and the USB Eject icon list on the taskbar. When I place a DVD in the drive, the movie comes up and plays perfectly OK. When I eject the DVD, the DVD...
  10. Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?

Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?: Hello; I found that a 32GB LEXAR USB 3.0 thrumb drive was not being fully recognized by my PC. When using File Manager and clicking on Removable disk (I:) under This PC, I am getting a prompt: Please insert a disk into Removeable Disk (I:). [The volume name used to be shown...