Windows 10: USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

Discus and support USB ports and memory card reader stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johnny andre, Oct 5, 2018.

1. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday.

Anyone have a suggestion?

:)

Johnny andre, Oct 5, 2018
  2. x509 Win User

New USB flash card reader not working--how to troubleshoot Creators

So I recently got an Orico drive bay combination flash card reader and USB port. The USB port works but the CF format card reader does not. I can't even tell from Device Manager if the CF or any of the other format card readers are even detected.

any suggestions for better use of Device Manager or other tools?

Win 10 64 Pro

x509, Oct 8, 2018
  3. trinaz Win User
    USB PCI 4 port card stopped responding

Thanks for the help....Under USB controllers there is/was no yellow flags...?...here are the listed USB items under Universal Serial Bus Controllers....

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working [​IMG]

Will try driver download from manufacturer.....how do I tell which of the listed USB devices is the 4-port add on card...this is a four port card

Thanks....TiminAz

trinaz, Oct 8, 2018
  4. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB Memory Card Reader not recognized

Windows 10 -- 1803

ASUS Motherboard

When I plug in my memory card reader, I can hear the USB open tone but don't see the device listed in the File Explorer.

When I unplug it, I can hear the USB close tone.

Is it possible that this device (which works on other systems) has been somehow tagged for "special" treatment?

I have lots of other USB devices on the system which seem to work fine.

I have another brand of USB memory card reader which works fine.

I have updated the Motherboard's device drivers and ensure the Microsoft Updates are current.

Ideas?

William Vaughn, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

1. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working - Similar Threads - USB ports memory

2. SD card and USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card and USB ports stopped working: I know. This has been a common problem in the past, but it just started today for me. I've set the computer to a restore point on a date when the SD card slot automatically opened a download window into Photoshop Bridge. I've read a few of the MS problem reports on this...
  3. USB and card reader stopped working

USB and card reader stopped working: Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then restarting. No change. Multiple beeps on startup as when something is connected or disconnected from one of them, but nothing...
  4. External USB card reader is not working

External USB card reader is not working: Dears, I have 2 windows laptops and I have a USB memory card reader. On one laptop it works fine while on the other laptop windows can even detect it. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I would be grateful for any help. Thank you...
  5. Card reader & 2 USB ports not working.

Card reader & 2 USB ports not working.: Hi, I've installed again latest drivers of USB and Card Reader. But my 2 usb ports of right side and card reader aren't working. The other 2 USB ports are working. This started happening after installing windows updates of couple of months ago. Kindly tell me how to fix...
  6. Memory Card reader

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Card reader: The memory card reader on my Toshiba Satellite laptop has stopped working for no apparent reason. The Windows 10 troubleshooter couldn't find a fault, tells me the device is working OK - but it isn't. Would appreciate any advice to resolve this problem. Thanks....
  7. memory card port/ usb ports not recognized

memory card port/ usb ports not recognized: I have been having issues when trying to upload or move files, pics, anything from a memory card and my USB ports. some show on one of the usb ports but not all the time. HELP....FRUSTRATED...
  8. Memory card reader

Memory card reader: This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards any longer. I get this idiot message. The driver for "this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...
  9. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  10. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733