Windows 10: USB ports are not detecting any devices. tried updating the drivers.

Discus and support USB ports are not detecting any devices. tried updating the drivers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The driver says its updated but it fails to detect any device. Could this be a hardware issue? When I plug in phones it charges but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RahulAS, Sep 6, 2019.

1. RahulAS Win User

USB ports are not detecting any devices. tried updating the drivers.

RahulAS, Sep 6, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports are not detecting any devices. tried updating the drivers. [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 6, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 6, 2019
  4. SVLingam Win User

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. USB ports are not detecting any devices. tried updating the drivers. - Similar Threads - USB ports are

2. USB port not detecting external devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port not detecting external devices.: I am having a PC running Windows 11.I am trying to connect a Kobo Clara HD e-Reader to my laptop. I can see my reader is charging when connected to my PC. But I am unable to view the explorer like before to transfer files into it.This used to be working fine several months...
  3. USB port not detecting external devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port not detecting external devices.: I am having a PC running Windows 11.I am trying to connect a Kobo Clara HD e-Reader to my laptop. I can see my reader is charging when connected to my PC. But I am unable to view the explorer like before to transfer files into it.This used to be working fine several months...
  4. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  5. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  6. USB 3.0 ports only provide power, devices not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 ports only provide power, devices not detected.: USB2.0 works fine, but after a windows update my USB 3.0 ports stopped detecting connected devices. This is a 4 year old cyberpower machine, so it made the jump from Windows 7 -> 10, but despite downloading the USB 3.0 drivers from the motherboard manufacturer, it's not...
  7. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  8. Windows USB port not detecting new inserted devices.

Windows USB port not detecting new inserted devices.: This issue is happening on windows (7 & 10) on a HP computer. The USB devices will not be recognized even after updating the USB drivers. The USB Devices will however become recognized after disabling, then enabling said drivers. The USB Device will not be recognized as being...
  9. USB ports/drivers

USB ports/drivers: I am unable to locate the USB ports/drivers on My Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portsdrivers/8cdddb08-78e9-4d5d-baec-eb17f0fe10a2
  10. Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Not detected by USB port - Garmin: Hello I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore. I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor...