Windows 10: USB Ports aren't working at Windows 10 Log-in Screen

Discus and support USB Ports aren't working at Windows 10 Log-in Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer was working fine and then it automatically updated and the next day when I turned it on, my keyboard and mouse weren't working anymore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DumbBonobo, Mar 26, 2020.

1. USB Ports aren't working at Windows 10 Log-in Screen

My computer was working fine and then it automatically updated and the next day when I turned it on, my keyboard and mouse weren't working anymore.

They work on BIOS, and my motherboard loading screen. But I have no access once it hits the microsoft log in screen as the devices seem to lose power. I have tried safe mode, resetting my computer, and cmd prompt but I have no idea what else to do. Unfortunately I forgot to make a system restore point.

Is there any solution I missed/is there any way to transfer my files before I do a fresh install? Thanks!

submitted by /u/DumbBonobo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DumbBonobo, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello ruthives,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the below questions.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Do you read any error message when you connect the device to the USB port?
    3. Are you facing this issue with any particular USB port or with all the USB ports?
    4. Since when are you facing this issue?

Your device is kept up to date with the latest features by automatically installing the updates in Windows 10. To narrow down the issue, let's go ahead and follow the below methods and see if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select Update driver.
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the device manager.
    • Reboot the PC and it will automatically pick for the latest drivers for your PC.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest USB drivers available for your PC build from the
    manufacturer's website and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

USB Ports aren't working at Windows 10 Log-in Screen

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

USB Ports aren't working at Windows 10 Log-in Screen

1. USB Ports aren't working at Windows 10 Log-in Screen - Similar Threads - USB Ports aren't

2. After Windows 10 October Update, USB-C port drivers aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 10 October Update, USB-C port drivers aren't working: After the last update, I am unable to connect to my extended display via USB-C to DisplayPort AND HDMI. The picture cuts in and out and eventually fails completely, reverting back to my main display. I haven't tried normal USB because I don't have that cable and I have...
  3. After Windows 10 October Update, USB-C port drivers aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 10 October Update, USB-C port drivers aren't working: After the last update, I am unable to connect to my extended display via USB-C to DisplayPort AND HDMI. The picture cuts in and out and eventually fails completely, reverting back to my main display. I haven't tried normal USB because I don't have that cable and I have...
  4. After Windows 10 October Update, USB-C port drivers aren't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 October Update, USB-C port drivers aren't working: After the last update, I am unable to connect to my extended display via USB-C to DisplayPort AND HDMI. I haven't tried normal USB because I don't have that cable and I have already spent $30 on another USB-C adapter trying to figure out the issue. When I go into Properties,...
  5. USB Port stops & starts working - and no logs

USB Port stops & starts working - and no logs: Hi all, My System is ... - Lenovo T14 Notbook - Windows 10 Pro 20H2 I have two USB ports on the Notebook and one has a problem that I don't understand. When I do have a USB memory stick connected it stops working - without any warning or anything else (just that sound like...
  6. USB port not working in windows 10

USB port not working in windows 10: USB port stop working in windows 10 when I insert usb pen drive or hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-not-working-in-windows-10/abb753f9-34ce-4bd5-aac6-46df27491ff6
  7. All USB port aren't working ........please reply

All USB port aren't working ........please reply: from last 2 days, My Dell laptop's Usb are not working ...i cant connect mouse or keybord or anything...how to fix please reply... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-usb-port-arent-working-please-reply/0b6340d0-ad33-4657-afac-e9b0d85fb9e0
  8. USB ports not working in Windows 10

USB ports not working in Windows 10: I updated my computer to build 1809 for Windows 10 Pro. Since the update none of my USB Devices show in File Explorer. Opening up Device Manager, I can see the device that's plugged in under Disk Drives, but nothing I do makes them accessible. Uninstalling drivers...
  9. USB ports not working in windows 10

USB ports not working in windows 10: I upgraded recently from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything was fine then this weekend I couldn't get my old HP LaserJet 1200 printer to work. I tried several drivers from the HP website but to no avail. Then on Monday night I installed Nero 9 on my pc. I had to do this...
  10. My USB ports aren't working, and I'm not sure why.

My USB ports aren't working, and I'm not sure why.: Hi all, Today I went to try using my graphics tablet to try drawing a little bit, but I've found that neither of the two USB ports on the side of my computer are working. I've tried plugging it into another USB port and it seems to work perfectly fine. Could it be my USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb ports not working cant login