Windows 10: USB ports & Bluetooth not working properly

Discus and support USB ports & Bluetooth not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i went to an service center because my laptop had a smoky smell. the damage still fell under warranty and they fixed the problem but now a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marison sol, May 8, 2021.

1. USB ports & Bluetooth not working properly

So i went to an service center because my laptop had a smoky smell. the damage still fell under warranty and they fixed the problem but now a new problem came that i never had before my laptop broke. My 2 of the 3 USB ports don't work properly, i have 1x USB 3.0 & 2x USB 2.0. the problem is with the the 2 UCB 2.0, one doesn't work completely and one only charges. and my laptop can't pick up my mouse any more either with also never happened before it broke, but for some reason i can connect to my smartphone using So my question is did the company i went to this this on

:)

Marison sol, May 8, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports & Bluetooth not working properly [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 8, 2021
  3. El_Mayo Win User
    USB ports not working properly

On my new motherboard the two usb 2.0 ports at the back are working fine, which is where my keyboard and mouse are plugged into
    however the usb 3 ports don't work, I tried plugging my webcam into it and it didn't work, however I plugged my external drive in and it got powered up and started vibrating but wasn't recognized at all

That leads me onto my second problem; my external drive isn't recognized on my computer on windows 7, yet I'm using it on vista and XP right now!

El_Mayo, May 8, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

USB ports & Bluetooth not working properly

USB ports not functioning properly

Hi,

This can be due to a recent change in the configuration of your device. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive
    condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

1. In the Search box, type Device Manager and press Enter.

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

3. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

4. Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

5. Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB

controllers that you uninstalled.

6. Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, May 8, 2021
Thema:

USB ports & Bluetooth not working properly

1. USB ports & Bluetooth not working properly - Similar Threads - USB ports Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth is not working properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth is not working properly.: Bluetooth is not showing my new device for connection. I tried by troubleshooting but it did not worked. Bluetooth is only showing the devices are paired to, but not the new one....
  3. USB 3.0 Port not working properely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 Port not working properely: Hello everyone. Here is some sort of problem I've been dealing with lately. I have an ASUS GL502vy laptop Windows 10 which has 3 USB 3.0 ports. Two of the ports both on the same side of the laptop are not working properly and working only with some devices. I'm guessing...
  4. Bluetooth not working properly

Bluetooth not working properly: I have a Sony WH-100MX4 bluetooth headphones that i have repeatedly tried to connect to my laptop HP OMEN 15 2018 with no avail. It connects but it does not recognize it as headphones. [ATTACH] I have tried uninstalling the drivers and it still does not work. I have tried...
  5. Bluetooth not working properly

Bluetooth not working properly: HI I have a Bluetooth headset. when it works correctly it says connected voice, music but every time i turn off the headset or connect it with a wire to my Xbox controller, when i turn it back on or disconnect the wire it only says connected without voice, music....
  6. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: hey my name is sami and ive been experiencing some real issues with this asus laptop 8gb ram it has 2 usb ports* months ago i lost one of them but the weird thing is that it could read my external hdd but noting else and when i plug my mouse in only the lights work but not...
  7. USB port not working?

USB port not working?: A little while back, I spilled some Dr. Pepper near my laptop. I supposed it had reached the USB port and caused it to stop working. But then it started working for a few minutes and stopped. But that was a few months ago, and now it does not work anymore. I attempted many...
  8. USB Port not working

USB Port not working: Both of my USB ports work fine; however one of them does not recognize my lightning cable and iPhone. Instead, I get the error "USB Device not recognized" and my phone doesn't charge. In device manager under USB controllers, there is a "Port Reset Failed Error." This same USB...
  9. bluetooth not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bluetooth not working properly: no bluetooth icon present. what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-properly/dec995f7-c5ee-4b1a-8880-855a130ceb28
  10. USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers: I have an Acer E5-575G laptop with Intel Core i5 7200U, running Windows 10 Pro. Recently my USB 3.0 port is not working as usual. It's behaving as a USB 2.0 port and the transfer speeds are really low. Even my external hard drive, which shows blue light for 3.0 ports, is...