Windows 10: USB Ports Continuously resetting, cannot work mouse stops, Wacom Disconnects

Discus and support USB Ports Continuously resetting, cannot work mouse stops, Wacom Disconnects in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last Windows updateApril 2021 my USB ports have constantly been resetting themselves causing my entire computer to stop working and all USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lupin#4, Apr 22, 2021.

1. lupin#4 Win User

USB Ports Continuously resetting, cannot work mouse stops, Wacom Disconnects

Since the last Windows updateApril 2021 my USB ports have constantly been resetting themselves causing my entire computer to stop working and all USB devices to disconnect. I have ran through all available troubleshooting options listed on the web such as resetting drivers, running troubleshootershardware not available in options anymore, installing drivers from manufacturers, etc The problem still occurs please Help

:)

lupin#4, Apr 22, 2021

2. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Apr 22, 2021
  3. smounce Win User
    USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Apr 22, 2021
  4. KitoZaki Win User

Wacom tablet WAS: USB stopped working

*Original Title: My wacom is acting very weird

So my Wacom tablet WAS acting fine but when played it yesterday,the usb stoppoed working.

So when I connect the usb to the port it said something like Your last usb malfunctioned and windows does not recongnise it.

When I checked drivers and printers the usb is called Unknown USB and I cant update the driver.

So I tried looking for help but nothing.

KitoZaki, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. USB Ports Continuously resetting, cannot work mouse stops, Wacom Disconnects - Similar Threads - USB Ports Continuously

2. USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Odyssey laptop with Windows 10 and all of its USB ports stopped working after a sudden blue screen error a few days ago.I've already tried A LOT of solutions that I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me.In Device Manager >...
  3. USB Ports stop working

USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  4. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  5. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The...
  7. usb ports stopped working

usb ports stopped working: I am using a Dell all in one desktop with windows 10. I have 6 usb ports and 4 have stopped detecting any devices. The 2 that are working have the mouse and keyboard attached. If I unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug back in they are detected. If I plug the mouse or...
  8. USB ports stopped working

USB ports stopped working: Three of the four USB ports on my Intel nuc8i3bek stopped working reliably, all of a sudden. They will occasionally all work for a couple of minutes (at the same time), then go on and off about once per second for a couple minutes, then stop working again. I have tried, to...
  9. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my keyboard and mouse disconnects and reconnects but...
  10. USB port stopped working

USB port stopped working: I am having a problem with one of my USB 3.0 ports on my HP laptop. The port was working fine until I accidentally moved my flash drive which was plugged into the port. At that point the flash drive lost connection & that USB port has failed to recognize any flash drives that...