Windows 10: USB ports disabled after windows update

Discus and support USB ports disabled after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I ran a windows update last night and now today none of my usb devices work the mouse is lit up but does not actually do anything. Any help would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JB-222, Mar 14, 2019.

1. JB-222 Win User

USB ports disabled after windows update

I ran a windows update last night and now today none of my usb devices work the mouse is lit up but does not actually do anything. Any help would be appreciated as my computer is usuable at the moment.

:)

JB-222, Mar 14, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports disabled after windows update [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Update disabled USB Ports.

Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try.
    KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE]

The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the USB 2 Port works fine without any problems. And this only happens in Windows since i tried booting using a live linux USB and it worked just fine, so this is a software issue with windows and I need to figure it out.

// I have already tried the basics like checking the settings in Device manager/Uninstalling the device and rebooting and other common trouble shooting tips form the net. Since there are no relevant solutions for windows 10 Problems yet on the net this is a place to start. //

Solved : Resolved the issue by manually Installing the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller all ports working fine now.
    Step 2 : Go to Device manager -> System Devices -> eXtensible Host Controller and Update that. That will fix that. USB ports disabled after windows update :)

Shadow Delta, Mar 14, 2019
  4. USB ports disabled after windows update

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

USB ports disabled after windows update

1. USB ports disabled after windows update - Similar Threads - USB ports disabled

2. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.: Hello Mirosoft team,After the recent update, I am unable to use any usb ports on my desktop pc. Due to this issue, I cannot sign into my computer since I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. I'm also unable to start safe mode or the troubleshooting options by shutting down the...
  3. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.: Hello Mirosoft team,After the recent update, I am unable to use any usb ports on my desktop pc. Due to this issue, I cannot sign into my computer since I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. I'm also unable to start safe mode or the troubleshooting options by shutting down the...
  4. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disabling USB ports Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling USB ports Windows 11: Hello, is possible to disable USB ports while is user log out and automatically enable it after log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-usb-ports-windows-11/41c67c53-c53f-4f3e-a2a5-5a6291583a28
  6. DISABLE USB PORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISABLE USB PORT: HI, I FOOLISHLY DISABLED USB PORT OPTION FROM BIOS NOW NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR MOUSE IS WORKING PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-usb-port/0ed72132-5610-414c-b7cf-ed6add623b1c
  7. Disable a USB Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  8. USB Ports Disabled After Windows Start

USB Ports Disabled After Windows Start: I just updated to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7. My USB devices turn off after the Windows logo on startup. Therefore I cannot login or access Windows with mouse and keyboard. My hardware: mouse, keyboard, motherboard all function properly. My mouse and keyboard work...
  9. Windows 10 disabling USB Ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 disabling USB Ports: After a recent update I have a problem with Windows 10 starting up. When Windows boots up the screen shows the time and date and background scene. At this point I would normally hit ENTER or click the mouse to bring up the PIN entry screen but all of the USB ports and so my...
  10. Update disabled USB Ports.

Update disabled USB Ports.: Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the...