Windows 10: USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

Discus and support USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Isak92, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Isak92 Win User

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

Hi!

I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my keyboard and mouse disconnects and reconnects but yesterday it got worse and both disconnected but didnt reconnect but the lights on the keyboard and mouse where still on.

After the first times it happened I updated windows (didn't fix problem). Then I tried going to device manager and power management on root hubs and deselecting "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (didn't fix problem). I have also tried going into the power plan and change USB settings to "USB selective suspend setting disabled" (didn't fix problem). I have uninstalled root hubs and restarted the computer (didnt fix problem). However I didn't uninstall every root hub or USB hub option because I read that for some people the usb ports didn't work at all after that. I have tried the mouse on a different computer and it works without problems I have also tried different ports and both keyboard and mouse has been connected in the USB ports on the back and the problem persists.

I read that a windows update (KB4074588) could be the problem but I could not find that update on my computer in the updates section under Programs and features.

Regards

Isak

:)

Isak92, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

All USB ports disconnect and reconnect sometimes?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that USB ports are disconnected and reconnected randomly.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. USB drivers are corrupt.

2. USB port is not working.

3. Hardware issue.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press “Windows Key + W”.

b) Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
    Enter

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers from device manager and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b) Expand the USB controllers, click on the drivers.

c) Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d) Click OK.

Note: Reboot the computer and it will automatically update drivers.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 25, 2019
  3. USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, not power config

So I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, and an external USB 3 HDD. If I plug in the HDD, a process will begin. First the drive will appear with the drive letter only, and be unreadable, but in an unusual way. Any software that attempts to interact with it will hang until it either crashes or the drive is disconnected. During this stage the drive may disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If left in for long enough, the drive will finally show up with it's name, and be readable. However it still disconnects and reconnects.

Steps I have tried:

• Disabling the power saving features for all USB devices in Device Manager
    • Reinstalling all USB drivers
    • Testing hard disk on my desktop computer (where it works fine).
    • Powering down the drive for an extended time before trying again

Adrian Smith, Nov 25, 2019
  4. CAV
    Cav Win User

Logitech g100s mouse disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

So my mouse recently started having this issue where it will disconnect and reconnect randomly for no apparent reason. I wasn't having this problem about a month ago and Windows 10 has been running flawlessly ever since my upgrade so it's weird that my mouse randomly decided to go "bad" now. I've owned this mouse for about a year and half so maybe it's just getting old, but like I said, this issue only started recently with no apparent reason. It doesn't happen super often but it's enough to get annoying (especially when gaming). I have the Logitech gaming software installed so the mouse drivers should be up to date (but even without the software installed I had the issue).
    Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thema:

1. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly - Similar Threads - USB Ports disconnecting

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  4. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  5. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The...
  7. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random: So I've been having a chronic issue that for a while hasn't popped up, but has today become absolutely insufferable. Occasionally, my pc will just, at random, decide to disconnect and then reconnect three of my devices connected to my USB ports. I have a total of four...
  8. USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting for mouse only

USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting for mouse only: Hi! In these days I had this problem with the usb ports, so basically when I play games and shake the mouse quickly it is disconnected and reconnected, I also tried to update windows and it didn't work. Then I tried going to device manager and power management on root hubs...
  9. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly new 19-08-2020

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly new 19-08-2020: Hi I have the same problems with usb ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly as they have in this old thread that has been locked without having a solution...
  10. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply...