Windows 10: USB ports disconnecting, ongoing issue

Discus and support USB ports disconnecting, ongoing issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my last question which was made last year got locked without an answer, and I'll repost it below. This is an ongoing problem I have with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NRE1119, May 20, 2020.

1. NRE1119 Win User

USB ports disconnecting, ongoing issue

Hello, my last question which was made last year got locked without an answer, and I'll repost it below.

This is an ongoing problem I have with my WiFi adapter Cisco AM10#6. It is plugged in to one USB port on my motherboard, and about an hour or two from when I turn on my PC it somehow turns off and then back on at unexpected intervals. Today I had an issue where the internet went down and the troubleshooter says to plug it in, even though I never had it unplugged. Unplugging it and re-plugging it in the same USB slot does not fix the problem and the only way to fix it is to put it in another USB port or restart the device.

All my drivers are up to date and I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off the device to save power" option. I'm not actually looking for a solution to this issue but rather an explanation as to how my adapter "unplugs" even though I do not unplug it. If there is a good explanation for this problem I can try several solutions to see if the problem occurs again.

That was the original question in the locked thread. I looked at possible reasons this is happening, and it seems to be a monthly occurrence. I used Event Viewer to find some possible reasons.

Warning: The network interface "Cisco AM10 #5" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver did not respond to an OID request in a timely fashion. This network interface has reset 1 times since it was last initialized.

Error: A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Interrupt on Async Advance Doorbell response.

Information: A retry was required for the EHCI Host Controller to acknowledge the doorbell request.

^When this above series of events occur, I lose complete control of every single thing, including internet, mouse, and even keyboard, effectively forcing me to hard reset to restore everything. Again, this happensmonthly and I need an explanation, especially why the retry does not take place after the timeout overrides the reset.

:)

NRE1119, May 20, 2020
  2. Maria Fab Win User

3.0 usb keeps disconnecting on 3.0 port

Hi,

Since you have made all the steps necessary, however the issue still persists, we suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet Forum for further assistance. Click here.

Regards.

Maria Fab, May 20, 2020
  3. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 20, 2020
  4. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports disconnecting, ongoing issue [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. USB ports disconnecting, ongoing issue - Similar Threads - USB ports disconnecting

2. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  3. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  4. USB port issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  5. USB port issues

USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  6. Issues with usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with usb port: it keeps saying that is is not recognized and i cant figure out if its cuz of the software or if its a physical problem in the computer, send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-usb-port/f9a2b8bc-7b05-49c0-9ff4-c7bf39a7ef4c
  7. USB Ports Randomly Disconnect

USB Ports Randomly Disconnect: Hello All,Devices that I plug into my USB ports namely flash drives, two different brands randomly disconnect, and after a week of trying everything I can think of....I´m out of ideas. Every time I hear the three tones that Windows makes when a device is disconnected, I want...
  8. USB ports disconnecting

USB ports disconnecting: Whenever I plug in my wired connection with USB adaptor, my wireless mouse will disconnect randomly and stutter a lot. However, when i unplug my wired connection, my mouse will work perfectly fine. How do I fix this?...
  9. USB ports sporadically disconnect

USB ports sporadically disconnect: HP Pavilion G7 laptop Windows 10 v1909 AMD A12-9720P Ram 12 GB 64 bit Samsung SSD 860 evo When I open Cubase by Steinberg, I have the eLicenser, UR12 audio interface and Korg mini keyboard plugged in. Many attempts and many errors and crashdumps. I hear the usb sound...
  10. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Interrupt on Async Advance Doorbell response.