Windows 10: USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

Discus and support USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AgustinCeervantesCh, Jan 16, 2019.

1. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what causes the problem i reinstall windows 10 and have installed drivers one at a time, and noticed the problem begins when i install nvidia drivers, i have installed the last one offered by dell (laptop alienware 14, nvidia 765m gtx) and the last one offered by nvidia, both have the same issues, devices keep conecting and desconecting, for example my phone, my DVD drive, hard drives, etc. I have noticed that if i uninstall the video card or disable it, the problem disapear. what can i do to resolve the problem usb ports and video card function at the same time without the need to disable it.

Some one with the same problem? Any thoughts? Thank you for your help.

:)

AgustinCeervantesCh, Jan 16, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 16, 2019
  3. USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2019
  4. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports stopped working on Windows 7

Check the N97's USB cable for signs of damage at the USB end, and inspect USB ports on your mobo/case for signs of damage. Could be a short caused by damaged USB port. Gotta have good eyes when checking USB ports...

If you only installed the drivers for your N97 yesterday, there may be a conflict where the N97 driver installation came with some drivers that are conflicting with your USB drivers. Can you get a PS/2 keyboard? If there's no signs of damage to your cables/USB ports then the next step would be Device Manager.

I hang my head in stupidity... :shadedshu

scaminatrix, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

1. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed - Similar Threads - USB ports dont

2. USB ports dont work as they should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports dont work as they should: Hello,A few hours ago my pc froze and i needed to restart it via power button now every device that was connected while i did that stopped working on this pc. I tried them on other devices and they worked perfectly fine, also new devices that i connect to this pc work fine...
  3. USB ports dont work as they should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports dont work as they should: Hello,A few hours ago my pc froze and i needed to restart it via power button now every device that was connected while i did that stopped working on this pc. I tried them on other devices and they worked perfectly fine, also new devices that i connect to this pc work fine...
  4. USB ports dont work as they should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work: I hope someone can help please! A while ago my PC had all the fans on turbo once I switched it on. After that it went dead. IT people fixed it somehow. All the parts in my machine is the same but....USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work. I get this code : Windows has...
  6. Usb Ports dont work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb Ports dont work anymore: I insertet a micro sd in my pc and now my Front 2 usb Ports are des and my motherboard usbs got Power bot nothing connect accept for my keyboard and mouse does someone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/FanboyKeks [link] [comments]...
  7. No USB ports working at all after driver change!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No USB ports working at all after driver change!: So I was trying to set up my oculus rift s, and it said it can’t track the sensors. I looked up a solution and someone said to change the usb driver to something else. Basically it changed the USB3.0 eXtensible Host controller with a different one. I tried it, and when I...
  8. Some devices work on a usb port some dont

Some devices work on a usb port some dont: WD External Hard drive and Logitech 502G Mice are not working on my PC but works on other computers without problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-devices-work-on-a-usb-port-some-dont/0978a2eb-d8dc-4b2b-9b96-108ddb35241e
  9. No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything

No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything: First time posting here and I feel this is my last resort. I appreciate anyone willing to help and I'm going to provide a detailed rundown of the situation. So about to 2 days ago I noticed all my USB ports don't work. I check my drivers and to my surprise they were...
  10. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....