Windows 10: USB Ports don't work untill windows has properly started.

Discus and support USB Ports don't work untill windows has properly started. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to figure out what causes all USB devices such as keyboard, mouse, and flash drives not to work until Windows has started. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patrik.Forsman, Aug 11, 2019.

1. USB Ports don't work untill windows has properly started.

Hello, I've been trying to figure out what causes all USB devices such as keyboard, mouse, and flash drives not to work until Windows has started. When in UEFI, nothing plugged into any USB port on the computer works and doesn't even light up. PS/2 devices work fine but nothing USB. It doesn't even detect an windows 10 install media until after Windows has booted. Anyone know what causes this and how i resolve this?

Asrock Z87 Extreme4 BIOS v. 3.40

i5-4670K (Overclocked to 4.4GHz, Safe overclock)

16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3

GTX 970

Asrock USB

Asrock USB 3.1/A+C Expansion card

Windows 10 version 17763.615

:)

Patrik.Forsman, Aug 11, 2019
  2. El_Mayo Win User

USB ports not working properly

On my new motherboard the two usb 2.0 ports at the back are working fine, which is where my keyboard and mouse are plugged into
    however the usb 3 ports don't work, I tried plugging my webcam into it and it didn't work, however I plugged my external drive in and it got powered up and started vibrating but wasn't recognized at all

That leads me onto my second problem; my external drive isn't recognized on my computer on windows 7, yet I'm using it on vista and XP right now!

El_Mayo, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    USB ports not functioning properly

Hi,

This can be due to a recent change in the configuration of your device. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive
    condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

1. In the Search box, type Device Manager and press Enter.

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

3. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

4. Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

5. Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB

controllers that you uninstalled.

6. Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

USB Ports don't work untill windows has properly started.

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

USB Ports don't work untill windows has properly started.

1. USB Ports don't work untill windows has properly started. - Similar Threads - USB Ports don't

2. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  3. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  4. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb ports don't work: It was a problem a few days ago with my old pc what i am about to sell. I got to a service and now it worked. But i wanted to reinstall the windowsto sell and now its the language selectionfirst step and its not working. My keyboard and mouse is lighting but there is no...
  6. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  7. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  8. USB Ports not working properly

9. USB ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working properly: Whenever I connect my external wired USB mouse to the port, its optical sensor lights up for a short moment and turns off completely. Same with all other USB devices. It is like the computer is cutting off the USB port connection whenever I plug something. Does anyone have...
  10. USB ports not working properly

USB ports not working properly: Whenever I connect my external wired USB mouse to the port, its optical sensor lights up for a short moment and turns off completely. Same with all other USB devices. It is like the computer is cutting off the USB port connection whenever I plug something. Does anyone have...