Windows 10: USB ports/drivers

Discus and support USB ports/drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to locate the USB ports/drivers on My Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SharonRohde, Nov 28, 2018.

1. USB ports/drivers

I am unable to locate the USB ports/drivers on My Computer

:)

SharonRohde, Nov 28, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports/drivers [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB ports/drivers [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB ports/drivers [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB ports/drivers [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Jess Bor Win User
    usb port

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the 2 USB ports of your laptop which are not working, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What changes have you done to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you getting any error codes when using these USB ports?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already checked this
      link
      ? This link will help you in getting the latest driver and software. If not yet, just click the drop down arrow links to be able to access helpful troubleshooting suggestions.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Nov 28, 2018
  4. USB ports/drivers

USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

USB ports/drivers

1. USB ports/drivers - Similar Threads - USB ports drivers

2. Usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  3. USB serial port driver

USB serial port driver: Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-driver/92feaf39-367d-48ad-abf8-fe3a1c148ae8
  4. Failing USB port or Bad Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failing USB port or Bad Driver: Hey guys, I just recently started having an issue where one of my USB ports will consistently connect and disconnect. This only started happening within the last few days and the only update I've made is updating my GPU drivers for the 30 series launch. I'm saying its the...
  5. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  6. USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB PORTS: after installing the latest updates I cant able use my ports i don't why, and I updated all the usb drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports/7acecb8d-d1c5-45f0-89ed-61642cae8471
  7. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  8. Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port: Hello All I have a Media Card Reader on my Asus G11CD-K, and lately my USB 3.0 ports in front are kinda hard to plug into for some of my drives, should i clean those out next time i do dust cleaning? ((Only have an Electric air duster, Xpower device is that safe to use for...
  9. USB ports , drivers and Flash Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB ports , drivers and Flash Player: I have lost two drivers (or usb ports) and am unable to use flash player . These incidents have all happened right after a Windows 10 update. Not sure what to do...
  10. USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers: I have an Acer E5-575G laptop with Intel Core i5 7200U, running Windows 10 Pro. Recently my USB 3.0 port is not working as usual. It's behaving as a USB 2.0 port and the transfer speeds are really low. Even my external hard drive, which shows blue light for 3.0 ports, is...