Windows 10: USB ports erratic behavior

Discus and support USB ports erratic behavior in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My computer runs Windows 10 Home version 1909. It is an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 3,79 GHz, 64GB RAM and I use it as an audio workstation (I am an audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lophophora, Nov 25, 2020.

1. USB ports erratic behavior

Hi,

My computer runs Windows 10 Home version 1909. It is an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 3,79 GHz, 64GB RAM and I use it as an audio workstation (I am an audio engineer).

I was already having issues with my Kensington trackball: every once in a while it became unresponsive and I had to unplug the transmitter and plug it back in to regain control.

But recently I replaced one USB device (a midi keyboard) by another one, and things have gotten worse. I am losing the trackball more often, and also losing the keyboard at times, along with other USB devices related issues.

I have checked the Device Manager and nothing seems off, all the drivers in the USB controllers category are up to date.

Do you know what is causing these problems and how to solve them?

:)

Lophophora, Nov 25, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB ports erratic behavior [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 25, 2020
  3. DaveInAZ Win User
    Erratic USB Failures in Windows 10

Thank you for the reply, but it's not "the answer".

To answer your questions, no, the system does not recognize the phone every time I plug it in. That is exactly the problem. And the behavior is erratic, as previously stated. It affects the phone most often, but it has also affected my camera. On the other
    hand, it has never lost track of my USB mouse and keyboard, even when it lost track of my USB DAC. I also have an internal USB combo drive that includes 4 memory card readers and a floppy drive. That is extremely erratic, and it doesn't use custom drivers,
    at all.

Plug and Play was set to Manual. I have changed it to Automatic, but have not yet tested the results. Since the behavior is erratic, it will take time to determine if the problem ceases to exist.

I've already done the uninstall/reinstall steps several times. It never helped, possibly because I already had the latest drivers installed.

DaveInAZ, Nov 25, 2020
  4. USB ports erratic behavior

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

USB ports erratic behavior

1. USB ports erratic behavior - Similar Threads - USB ports erratic

2. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  3. USB port strange behavior

USB port strange behavior: I have an old first Gen i7 machine. It was running fine for years. Sometimes ago, it starts to hang on restart. Usually powering it off and restart a few times, it will boot fine. Tried many suggestions from the Net. Did not really resolve the problem It sometime reboot fine...
  4. Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic behavior, especially the cursor: I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It has Windows 10 Home. Intel core i5-4210U, 6 GB RAM, 750GB HD. Internet is via Wi-Fi. About 2 weeks ago, half of the key board stopped working... I have a mini keyboard so I plugged that it and was able to use. A few days ago,...
  5. Erratic behavior of key combinations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic behavior of key combinations: Hello, I am making a custom keyboard layout with MSKLC 1.4 and I've come across some problems. First of all, the keyboard layout works fine in the testing window, but some keys work, some don't anywhere else, mainly dead keys combinations. If this can be solved, I'll...
  6. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....
  7. erratic screen behavior, windows 10

erratic screen behavior, windows 10: screen jumps around erratically and unpredictably, left to right and up to down. can you help with possible solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-screen-behavior-windows-10/a64c2218-3f20-4b8e-808a-476041184437
  8. Erratic Mouse behavior

Erratic Mouse behavior: Please help me.. I recently updated my HP laptop i have windows 10 and ever since the update my mouse/pointer have being behaving uncontrollably. it moves around without me touching opening tabs, open pages, my touch sometime stop working and the least shaking of the laptop a...
  9. Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior: Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates. Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on different types of computers. Microsoft keeps sending...
  10. Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior: Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates. Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on different types of computers. Microsoft keeps sending...