Windows 10: usb ports fix

Discus and support usb ports fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; need help on how to put new usb ports on laptop.I appreciate it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HiamLyngdoh, Jun 4, 2020.

1. usb ports fix

need help on how to put new usb ports on laptop.I appreciate it.

:)

HiamLyngdoh, Jun 4, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

usb ports fix [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

usb ports fix [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

usb ports fix [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

usb ports fix [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    USB ports failed

Hi,

To fully isolate where this problem is coming from, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting the peripheral devices to another computer to check if they will function?
    • How old is the laptop?

You can find additional things to try to fix USB port problems on this
    page.

We also suggest you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    in Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and see if it will find any problems.

Keep us updated about the issue.

Ruz San, Jun 4, 2020
  4. usb ports fix

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

usb ports fix

1. usb ports fix - Similar Threads - usb ports fix

2. Can a USB port be fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a USB port be fixed?: How does a laptop USB port no longer have enough power to run a transcription foot pedal after previously working for the past 3 months? It worked as recently as 24 hours prior but suddenly, when I plug the foot pedal into the USB, it no longer works and stops the other USB...
  3. Can a USB port be fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a USB port be fixed?: How does a laptop USB port no longer have enough power to run a transcription foot pedal after previously working for the past 3 months? It worked as recently as 24 hours prior but suddenly, when I plug the foot pedal into the USB, it no longer works and stops the other USB...
  4. Fix for lost USB ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for lost USB ports: After a recent windows update I lost access to most of my USB ports. I tried a lot of things that didn't work - here's what didAt a command prompt I used this command: sfc /scannow. This checked system files for integrity and replace those that were corrupt. After the scan...
  5. Fix for lost USB ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix for lost USB ports: After a recent windows update I lost access to most of my USB ports. I tried a lot of things that didn't work - here's what didAt a command prompt I used this command: sfc /scannow. This checked system files for integrity and replace those that were corrupt. After the scan...
  6. Fix for lost USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fix my USB ports all of 'em

Fix my USB ports all of 'em: All of my USB ports suddenly stopped working. There does not appear to be any physical damage. I tried uninstalling the drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-my-usb-ports-all-of-em/ddaa91eb-8b4b-47e2-9a42-ef79ace8bc8d
  8. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  9. USB ports pin fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB ports pin fix: Hello .. i would like to get some help on how to fix laptop usb ports.. They do not work maybe because one of the pins have come off or some other reason. Help will be appreciated.....
  10. Fix USB ports

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix USB ports: [ATTACH] Ok, so this morning I turned on my computer and plugged in my hard drive but it didn't show up. First I tried in all 3 USB ports, then I checked Disk Management. None of the ports worked and it didn't appear in Disk Management. Next I went into device manager and...