Windows 10: USB Ports giving power but no data connection.

Discus and support USB Ports giving power but no data connection. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, For a while now I have had an issue with only the USB 3.0 ports at the back of my pc only provide power but no data connection. The ports seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AntonVukovic, Sep 14, 2019.

1. USB Ports giving power but no data connection.

Hi,

For a while now I have had an issue with only the USB 3.0 ports at the back of my pc only provide power but no data connection. The ports seem to be fine, as I was able to make a bootable linux usb and run it fine on each of the ports. I have tried to update my drivers, uninstall them etc, nothing I have tried seems to be working. I have yet to reinstall windows as this is a last option for me

:)

AntonVukovic, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Power Surge on the USB port?

Hi Bob,

When a user tried uninstalling the USB drivers, it usually installs itself again when the computer restarts. It is a fact that most of the Mouse and Keyboard nowadays are connected using USB connection instead of their traditional PS/2 port. We suggest that
    you visit the link provided and follow the steps provided:
    USB has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of it's hub Port , you should disconnect the device

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Clintlgm Win User

USB Ports giving power but no data connection.

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

I have no Idea, what i suggested you check is the USB ports on your computer ensure you didn't damage them. The Hub you smoked is smoked get rid of it.
    You new Hub is it self-powered? if not you probably don't have enough power going to the hub to support many devices. The flash drive plug it into a port on your computer if it works then its ok and the issue is the hub. If not you can try to run chk disk on it maybe you can fix it.

Clintlgm, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

USB Ports giving power but no data connection.

1. USB Ports giving power but no data connection. - Similar Threads - USB Ports giving

2. USB port is providing power but no connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port is providing power but no connection: The USB port on the left side of my Inspiron laptop will provide power to devices but does not have any data communicated whatsoever. The other USB port works just fine. I have tried all the suggestions in device manager, various methods or restarting the computer and...
  3. USB port is providing power but no connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port is providing power but no connection: The USB port on the left side of my Inspiron laptop will provide power to devices but does not have any data communicated whatsoever. The other USB port works just fine. I have tried all the suggestions in device manager, various methods or restarting the computer and...
  4. USB port is providing power but no connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Hub Ports Not Working but Still Giving Power - Windows 11

USB Hub Ports Not Working but Still Giving Power - Windows 11: Hi everyone,I got a new laptop today Razer Book 13 and the USB Hub that I've been using isn't working as expected. The USB Hub has 4 additional ports on it where I connect my keyboard, headphones, and mouse.The devices are responsive for the first minute or two after turning...
  6. USB Hub Ports Not Working but Still Giving Power - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Hub Ports Not Working but Still Giving Power - Windows 11: Hi everyone,I got a new laptop today Razer Book 13 and the USB Hub that I've been using isn't working as expected. The USB Hub has 4 additional ports on it where I connect my keyboard, headphones, and mouse.The devices are responsive for the first minute or two after turning...
  7. USB Hub Ports Not Working but Still Giving Power - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB 2.0 ports in a motherboard not working but gives power

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB 2.0 ports in a motherboard not working but gives power: My USB devices are not detected by the system but it delivers power to devices. USB 3.0 devices working fine but I'm out of 3.0 ports now. In the device manager, I can see an unknown device (AMD USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller) Device USB\AMDROOT_HUB31\5&b0b22c&0&0 was...
  9. Leaving ExtHDD's power connected but not data (USB) connected)

Leaving ExtHDD's power connected but not data (USB) connected): Hi, all, I have been in the practice of simply disconnecting the USB cables to my backup external (external powered) hdd's, and leaving the power (AC) to them connected. These drives are only used when I perform a _manual_ backup of my internal data, at which time I...
  10. power to usb ports

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power to usb ports: Hello — I am having a issue with the usb drives connected to my laptop. It seems that in the quest to save power, the computer limits power to the usb ports. Im my case, both usb drives are self powered – ie they use AC power. When I turn on my laptop at the start of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. serial port with giving power windows